IGNORED

Jane Siberry

Kind of a bit of a weird post here ... but just found link to Jane Siberry's music archive.

No at all sure what kind of music she plays but the way she was talked about she is at least a little well known. Anyway most of her albums are in full CD quality AIFF downloads and it always exciting to find new music (especially free!) so downloading some now to listen to...

Eloise

Edit: sorry bad spelling strikes again!

Eloise

---

...in my opinion / experience...

While I agree "Everything may matter" working out what actually affects the sound is a trickier thing.

And I agree "Trust your ears" but equally don't allow them to fool you - trust them with a bit of skepticism.

keep your mind open... But mind your brain doesn't fall out.

Jane Siberry is a terrific Canadian singer and more importantly, songwriter. If you like her stuff, you may want to check out k.d. lang's "Hymns of the 49th Parallel", a CD of all Canadian songwriters. There are two beautiful Siberry tunes on that recording.

Thanks for the notice about these recordings!

Rick

Thanks for that Rick.

I'm still struggling to actually classify her musical style as I slowly work through her back catalogue; but certainly enjoying her.

I hadn't worked out she was Canadian. Actually her website has very little information on her in terms of biography unfortunately.

Eloise

Eloise

---

While I agree "Everything may matter" working out what actually affects the sound is a trickier thing.

And I agree "Trust your ears" but equally don't allow them to fool you - trust them with a bit of skepticism.

I have wondered if "Different" should be a genre in iTunes!

Eloise

Eloise

---

Not to be at all morbid, but I once specified in a will that I wanted a Jane Siberry track played at my funeral ( there was a box to fill in so why not? )....not so much different as achingly beautiful...and I echo the reference to her fellow Canadian KD....and all for free download ! So I've caught up on the recent releases and thanks for the tip....

Roon NUC I3 w 2500 albums, microRendu to Liberty DAC, Pass DIY Amp class amp, Klipsch RP600 or to Schiit Freya + Gumby MB, Sanders ESL amps and speakers, Mjolnir KGST and Stax L700

• 2 weeks later...