IGNORED

Zodiac delayed again

now shipping in early June, oh well..... (but seriously WTF?)

DIGITAL: Windows 7 x64 JRMC19 >Adnaco S3B fiber over USB (battery power)> Auralic Vega > Tortuga LDR custom LPSU > Zu Union Cubes + Deep Hemp Sub

ANALOG: PTP Audio Solid 9 > Audiomods Series V > Audio Technica Art-7 MC > Allnic H1201 > Tortuga LDR > Zu Union Cubes + Deep Hemp Sub

ACCESSORIES: PlatterSpeed, BlackCat cables, Antipodes Cables, Huffman Cables, Feickert Protracter, OMA Graphite mat, JRemote

I'm going to hazard a guess here that the delays aren't actually Antelope's problem, but instead, are tied up with Wavelength, Ayre, Wyred & Berkeley's delays.

That is, the problem isn't them.

It's Apple.

Apparently, a recent release/patch of Mac OS X completely fubared the 24/192 over USB code, and we're waiting on 10.6.4 for a fix. Or rather, we're waiting on dot-4 for final testing before release. And no, sorry Windows users, no one wants to pre-release for Windows only with no knowledge of Mac cross-compatibility (or lack thereof).

This is just a guess, however. I have no special insider knowledge -- only suspicions based on anecdotes and the fact that a *lot* of hi-res DACs are having slippage issues right now.

I'm hearing that this could mean delays well into the Fall ....

Socrates7 commented... "Apparently, a recent release/patch of Mac OS X completely fubared the 24/192 over USB code, and we're waiting on 10.6.4 for a fix. Or rather, we're waiting on dot-4 for final testing before release. And no, sorry Windows users, no one wants to pre-release for Windows only with no knowledge of Mac cross-compatibility (or lack thereof).

This is just a guess, however. I have no special insider knowledge -- only suspicions based on anecdotes and the fact that a *lot* of hi-res DACs are having slippage issues right now."

The Apple comment is true, but IIRC Gordon commented that Windows isn't even (properly) supporting Class 2.0 USB Audio. Oh and Wyred4Sound states their 24/192 USB is using proprietory drivers.

Eloise

Eloise

---

...in my opinion / experience...

While I agree "Everything may matter" working out what actually affects the sound is a trickier thing.

And I agree "Trust your ears" but equally don't allow them to fool you - trust them with a bit of skepticism.

keep your mind open... But mind your brain doesn't fall out.

Shipped today. Buddy has word clock so I should have 2 weeks or a month to listen before adding it.

DIGITAL: Windows 7 x64 JRMC19 >Adnaco S3B fiber over USB (battery power)> Auralic Vega > Tortuga LDR custom LPSU > Zu Union Cubes + Deep Hemp Sub

ANALOG: PTP Audio Solid 9 > Audiomods Series V > Audio Technica Art-7 MC > Allnic H1201 > Tortuga LDR > Zu Union Cubes + Deep Hemp Sub

ACCESSORIES: PlatterSpeed, BlackCat cables, Antipodes Cables, Huffman Cables, Feickert Protracter, OMA Graphite mat, JRemote