mjb

European Region

I'd vote for Balkanizing the Euro region

"The overwhelming majority [of audiophiles] have very little knowledge, if any, about the most basic principles and operating characteristics of audio equipment. They often base their purchasing decisions on hearsay, and the preaching of media sages. Unfortunately, because of commercial considerations, much information is rooted in increasing revenue, not in assisting the audiophile. It seems as if the only requirements for becoming an "authority" in the world of audio is a keyboard."

-- Bruce Rozenblit of Transcendent Sound

23 hours ago, Tintinabulum said:

As a general point, I find it frustrating to see something I might want in an ad, then read on to find shipping to US only. I'd rather not be tempted. You adapt but...

Exactly! As tempting as everything is, most (if not all) is “US shipping only”. Hence, is it possible to make a “European” shop front?

Just now, mjb said:

Exactly! As tempting as everything is, most (if not all) is “US only”. Hence, is it possible to make a “European” shop front?

Once we have the demand, it's not that hard to make it happen. The platform is very flexible. 

The hard part is getting people who sell to tag their stuff appropriately or give us an identifier off which we can key. This way we can present the products to a specific audience automatically.

In unrelated news, we'll have some big announcements very soon.

On 4/27/2018 at 8:49 PM, The Computer Audiophile said:

Once we have the demand, it's not that hard to make it happen. The platform is very flexible. 

The hard part is getting people who sell to tag their stuff appropriately or give us an identifier off which we can key. This way we can present the products to a specific audience automatically.

In unrelated news, we'll have some big announcements very soon.

How about a LOCATION tag? When searching provide ticks for WORLDWIDE, NORTH AMERICA, SOUTH AMERICA, EUROPE, ASIA, AFRICA, OCEANIA.

Seller should be "forced" to provide LOCATION.

P.S.: an optional SHIPS TO tags would also be useful.

"Science draws the wave, poetry fills it with water" Teixeira Pascoaes