IGNORED

Any good, paid sites for downloading music?

Hello All

I'm kind of new here, coming over from Kirkville...

I did a search, but I didn't find a good previous discussion, sorry if this is a sort of rehash post.

I am a bandcamp member, and I like it. However, there are some popular artists who don't use that site. First and foremost, I am looking for higher quality files, at least FLAC files. I am basically looking to download a couple of singles from some artists whom I probably would not buy their whole album. Mostly, I am finding the various sites cater to a particular type of genre. Since I am in the States, there are some sites I cannot access.

I am familiar with beatport. I haven't tried 7digital yet, but I know that they have started a U.S. version. I'm still waiting for Qobuz.

Can anyone think of any other reputable sites?

Much obliged.

If you like Bandcamp like I do, stay there!

For hi res files, there's a big caveat. Hi res does not necessarily mean an improvement. Reasons are many, the main reason is the re-mastering is mangled and compressed. Providence is also a big issue, the suppliers won't reveal for commercial recordings unless it's stated.

Try Superhirez a division of Acoustic Sounds. 99% are album purchase only.  They often quote the providence of the material, and who performed the remastering. If you see the name Skinas, you're doing well. Standard downloads are FLAC or DSF.

Superhirez releases new material on Fridays, and it's a real mixture!

AS Profile Equipment List        Say NO to MQA

Recently came across hiresaudio.com a German based company. It has an extensive catalog and it's pricing is very competitive. This site also runs a loyalty scheme ie, buy an album for £15 you get 50 points or 50p and the dearer the album the more points you get. So far I have purchased 14 Albums and have £7.20 in credit to set against future purchases.

Check download music resource collection here. It is DSD stores primarily, but there are PCM formats too:

https://samplerateconverter.com/educational/dsd-music

AuI ConverteR 48x44 - HD audio converter/optimizer for DAC of high resolution files

ISO, DSF, DFF (1-bit/D64/128/256/512/1024), wav, flac, aiff, alac,  safe CD ripper to PCM/DSF,

Seamless Album Conversion, AIFF, WAV, FLAC, DSF metadata editor, Mac & Windows
Offline conversion save energy and nature

There are several already mentioned HiRes download options for US citizens, but not very much for downloads in lossless CD quality. As multi genre provider I know beside Bandcamp.com only 7digital.com and often disregarded, quite expensive but well-assorted, the TIDAL Store. 

Wow! I didn’t think I would get this many responses. Thanks.

On Friday evening, I checked my post and have been spending a lot of time on ProStudioMasters. ProStudioMasters seems to have a pretty nice selection of out-of-print CDs. Many thanks for the response new_media!

A little more about me:

Last September, I finished ripping all my physical CDs to mostly Apple Lossless. I want to stop doing that. I hated ripping, and then storing the CD. Hopefully, with lossless, FLAC and the other higher-quality files, it will be easy to convert to the newest cutting-edge format. For a couple of years, I really did not want to purchase physical CDs, but wanted a better quality than an mp3. Yes, in my area, the only places to purchase CDs are the small sections of Target and Walmart. We did have a big FYE, but it downsized and sells more T-shirts and movies than music. 

Basically, since I am have been Mac based, I downloaded aiff files from bandcamp. With aiff files, I don’t have to do a conversion to something iTunes friendly. Unfortunately, living in the States blocks me from using some high res sites. I am still waiting to see if Qobuz sets up shop in the U.S.

10 hours ago, Patrick Cleasby said:

Thanks for the link.  It's great to hear that Qobuz is still planning to launch in the USA and is raising capital.  Let's just hope that a 'digital music visionary' from Warner Music doesn't want to support MQA.

Pareto Audio AMD 7700 Server --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

i7-6700K/Windows 10  --> EVGA Nu Audio Card --> Focal CMS50's 

• 2 weeks later...

Here's an opportunity to get some downloads on sale.

NativeDSD Music has a store-wide sale, all albums 15% Off thru 5/27/18 with code MAY15

5b03025e0e4ed_NativeDSDStorewideSaleinMay.png.8357d6b69855d75228611d67fe70cbb6.png

It's been a while, so it's time... Our Storewide Sale is back!

We celebrate 5 new DSD releases this weekend with 15% OFF the entire NativeDSD Music catalog.

That includes 1,355 albums in DSD from 59 record labels, 981 albums in DSD Surround Sound, 333 albums released in DSD but not on SACD and 243 albums in DSD 256.

To enjoy the savings, use the discount code MAY15 at checkout at the Native DSD Music? store before the sale ends at the end of day on May 27, 2018 CET (Central Europe Time).

https://www.nativedsd.com/new_browse