IGNORED

Any Recommended Containers For Long Term Storage Of CD's?

As the tile says, I'm looking for cost effective containers for long term storage of my cd collection (all in jewel boxes). Since I've ripped my 3500 cd collection to my NAS, I could really use the space currently taken up by numerous racks of varying configurations all around the house. 

Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

JC

Not sure if you can get them outside UK, but various http://reallyusefulproducts.co.uk/uk/html/boxdetails.php work well for me.

Eloise

---

...in my opinion / experience...

While I agree "Everything may matter" working out what actually affects the sound is a trickier thing.

And I agree "Trust your ears" but equally don't allow them to fool you - trust them with a bit of skepticism.

keep your mind open... But mind your brain doesn't fall out.

I use Hefty 30 qt plastic storage bins from Target (Home Depot, Walmart, ect..).  Each contains about 200 cds with cases.  Take a jewel case along while your looking to make sure it fits right.  Then wait for a sale.  Things to look for, no molding bumps on the bottom of the container (must be smooth), make sure the lid closes above the container and is sturdy for stacking.  This is why I chose Hefty, their a bit more expensive but worth it. 

Computer setup - Roon/Qobuz - PS Audio P5 Regenerator - HIFI Rose 250A Streamer - Emotiva XPA-2 Harbeth P3ESR XD - Rel  R-528 Sub

Comfy Chair - Schitt Jotunheim - Meze Audio Empyrean w/Mitch Barnett's Accurate Sound FilterSet

17 hours ago, TubeLover said:

As the tile says, I'm looking for cost effective containers for long term storage of my cd collection (all in jewel boxes). Since I've ripped my 3500 cd collection to my NAS, I could really use the space currently taken up by numerous racks of varying configurations all around the house. 

Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

JC

I have seen people use "fruit crates" to store CDs. I put them in quotes because they aren't really fruit crates. They look like them, and they even have colorful fruit company livery on them, but they are made to store LPs (although I have seen some small ones designed to hold 20 or so CDs). Lots of record stores here in the USA sell them. I think one designed for LPs would hold quite a few CDs in several rows and layers. Because they are made of wood, they are sturdy and they should be fairly cheap. Or how about these: Amazon sells 'em two for $7.67. That's sure cheap enough. They don't say how many single CDs the box holds, though.  

http://tinyurl.com/yaej4uz4

610psy0rCwL._SL1093_.jpg

George

• 2 weeks later...