Jump to content

Recommended Posts

12 hours ago, charlesphoto said:

 

I'd be interested in comparing one of these to a Cisco 2960 that I use. Where in Seattle are you? We're in the 23rd and Madison area. I suppose I could contact TLS and see if they'd do a demo, though I can't see myself paying for one. The Cisco did a lot of what you described and it was only $29! (new they're over $500). 

I'm in greenlake.  Reach out and in a personal note and maybe we can find time to get together.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, auricgoldfinger said:

@KingRex Do you need to disclose any compensation received from TLS for your review?

???  I wish I got money or free goods.  I was told recently the way to free goods is to have them in your signature and post a lot.  I am not one of the lucky ones.  I bought all my stereo gear.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, KingRex said:

???  I wish I got money or free goods.  I was told recently the way to free goods is to have them in your signature and post a lot.  I am not one of the lucky ones.  I bought all my stereo gear.

 

I only asked because TLS has had a policy of giving a CAT7 cable in exchange for reviews. 

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...

linear Solution Cable is only 6 feet Max.  My switch is in the network closet about 20 feet away.  I use cat 6 through out.  Adrian won't even make a cable longer than 6 feet.  I offered to pay but he said he could not shield it properly.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

I also have just put in my OCXO router from thelinearsolution. The improvement was not subtle. Lower noise floor, Blacker back ground, more transpancy, better separation, instrument just become so much more real. Singer voice become so much mor focused. Harmonic and rthym become continuous as noise were removed from songs.

 

Everybody that use streaming as main source of listening should give this router a try as it will definately improve your listening experience for the better. :-)

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/18/2018 at 5:04 PM, hieukm said:

I also have just put in my OCXO router from thelinearsolution.

 

What router and power supply did did you previously have to make this comparison?

And how does this OCXO router fit into your system? E.g. are you using its WIFI function?

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 5/26/2018 at 4:29 PM, charlesphoto said:

 

I'd be interested in comparing one of these to a Cisco 2960 that I use. Where in Seattle are you? We're in the 23rd and Madison area. I suppose I could contact TLS and see if they'd do a demo, though I can't see myself paying for one. The Cisco did a lot of what you described and it was only $29! (new they're over $500). 

 

Which model of the 2960 do you use please? With which transceivers?

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, User471 said:

 

Which model of the 2960 do you use please? With which transceivers?

2960L-16PS, or something like that. It’s a recent version, mfg 11/2017. 16 port, full gigabyte model. 

SERVER CLOSET (in office directly below living room stereo):NUC 7i5BNH with Roon ROCK (ZeroZone 12V on the NUC)>Cisco 2690L-16PS switch>Sonore opticalModule (Uptone LPS 1.2)>

LIVING ROOM: Sonore opticalRendu Roon version (Sonore Power Supply)> Shunyata Venom USB>Naim DAC V1>Witchhat DIN>Naim NAP 160 Bolt Down>Chord Rumor 2>Audio Physic Compact Classics. OFFICE: 10Gtek FMC>Naim Unitiqute V1>NACA5>KEF Ls50's. BJC 6a and Ghent Catsnake 6a JSSG ethernet; AC cables: Shunyata Venom NR V-10; Audience Forte F3; Ice Age copper/copper; Sean Jacobs CHC PowerBlack. Isolation: Herbie's Audio Lab. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...

hi everyone, 

 

i ordered a TLS OCXO switch beginning of december  .; we are end of january and no news from the shipping ( not received a confirmation mail).  I received a mail  january 10 saying it was ready to ship but since then ...nothing

 did it take so long to receive yours ? should I start to worry  ?

 

regards

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 year later...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×
×
  • Create New...