IGNORED

The Linear Solution OXCO router

I have taken possssion of my new Linear Solution Ethernet switch. Really just a wonderfull improvement to my system utilizing my NAS or Tidal with it. I am really surprised how much of an improvement it brought to playback via my NAS.

For instance Cat Stevens, Where Do The Children Play. The intro has this powerful plucked bass line. Via my internal storage the play is strong and clear. Good separation of instruments. Great to listen too. From my NAS through the Linear Solution Switch the bass line takes on a wonderful resonant feel. The twang and natural energy of the string moving in air is alive. Full of natural excitement and life. It is a nice step towards real purity.

Bob Marley Ledgend, No Woman No Cry. I never heard the crowd so part of the recording. They were always there, by now it's a palpable part of the performance. You can really feel the play back and forth with the crowd.

I am also sensitive to an electric guitar. I have played nice American made Gibson and Fender through, Mesa, Marshal and Fender tube amps. 2x12, 4x12, cabinets. I know the grit and bite that pushes through your body. This is the closest to in the flesh playback I have gotten out of any medium. It has once again pushed further than my vinyl. My current vinyl is no slouch either. I really stepped it up with the new table and Sound Smith Sappire retip of my Denon. Best I have had. The vinyl compared to digital still can't fill the gap on the basics such as air, ease of play and sound stage. With the switch in place the gap has now further expanded. Through the new switch the bass has extended deeper and responds faster. The biggest surprise is the way instruments have more of a natural sound. it's hard to put into words, it's just more visceral. The crack of a snare has that immediacy in lift. Vocals are more legible. Violins have even more of the wood resonance. Natural. 

let me give you a little system test. Play Jimmy Buffet A Man Went To Paris. On the second set of Lyrics Jimmy carries out a sustain on his vocals. You should be able to clearly hear him carry out the line "Saving The World On His Own". Listen to the word "Own". It goes on for a couple seconds. Its very quiet with a clear warble in the tone. This is one of those attributes that jumped out at me. I never really noticed it before but its plain as day now. Well done Jimmy.

I gather some members on Computer Audiophile who do extensive testing and posting of equipment have also purchased the switch. I gather some of them are selling their $3,000 reference clocks as this switch is doing more for the playback. I have to read up on this, but its what I heard. Who knows.

Adrian is also getting ready to launch his server. He has accepted orders for the first couple. There is going to be a limited run of the signature edition. After that he said he is going to focus more on the production model, so if you want something that may be more akin to the best of the best give them a call. If his simple switch can do as much for my system as it did for mine, I would bet the rest of his product line is top notch. 

Happy Listening.

12 hours ago, charlesphoto said:

I'd be interested in comparing one of these to a Cisco 2960 that I use. Where in Seattle are you? We're in the 23rd and Madison area. I suppose I could contact TLS and see if they'd do a demo, though I can't see myself paying for one. The Cisco did a lot of what you described and it was only $29! (new they're over $500). 

I'm in greenlake.  Reach out and in a personal note and maybe we can find time to get together.

6 hours ago, auricgoldfinger said:

@KingRex Do you need to disclose any compensation received from TLS for your review?

???  I wish I got money or free goods.  I was told recently the way to free goods is to have them in your signature and post a lot.  I am not one of the lucky ones.  I bought all my stereo gear.

• 3 weeks later...