IGNORED

Problem with micro Rendu and the network..

Hi! Markus/smile here,

Do not get audio to my dac Parasound 1600.

The chain is: Fiber 100/100 from router Inteno FG 500

Supra cat 8 patchable 65 feet in to living room from bedroom.

Ethernetcabel to micro rendo continue to Shiit Eitr usb/ spidd converter.

Then digital cable to Parasound 1600 a 18 year old dac.

The Inteno router is located on 192.168.1.

micro Rendo  192.168.1.5

wifi  192.168.2.1

Uses roon and TIDAL

I´ve tried as well as I can! I'm a data as english analfabet,so help me

with as common words as possible.

Sincerely Markus

The microRendu was designed to feed USB DACs, so what you are trying is not the expected use.

Have you used the microRendu successfully with other hardware?  If so, what did you do?

The better product for what you are trying to do is the UltraDigital (cheaper!), or if you can find one on the used market, the original "Rendu" which was a nice unit in its day.

The best advice is to contact the folks at Sonore.us directly.  They know their products best.

JM

Nearfield Desk System: PC with JRiver MC > Sonore microRendu > Schiit Gungnir USB DAC > 6AH4 Linestage > 6CB5A Amp  >Dave's Cables > Omega Super 3 Desktop Speakers on 1-3/4" Maple Butcher Block Table

My "Living Room" System: Sony HAP-Z1ES Player, 2 Pass Labs XA60.5 (Mids/Lows), Pass Labs XA30.5 Amp (Highs), First Watt B4 & B5 Crossovers, Nuforce MCP-18 Preamp, Oppo BDP-103D Video Player, Parasound 275v2 Amp (Center), Parasound 275v2 Amp (SL, SR) Paradigm 90P Full Range Speakers with Powered Subwoofers, Paradigm CC Center Channel, Paradigm Mini Monitor Surrounds, Sony KDL46XBR9 Monitor

6 hours ago, smile said:

One more thing, micro Rendu knows Shiit Eitr but not Parasound 1600.

Thanks Markus

That's what you should see... the Eitr is the USB device, not the Parasound 1600.

1. Did you select and confirm the Eitr as USB device in MR interface?

2. Did you select the Roon option in MR interface?

3. Can you see the MR as a network audio device in Roon and if so have you made it active so that it

can be used as a zone?

4. If all of the above is true, does your DAC show a synch lock when you try to play a 44.1 khz PCM recording?

from your owners manual

"

Sampling Frequency LEDs

Your D/AC-1600HD will recognize the digital signal of whatever type of digital source you connect and

will switch to the correct sampling rate automatically. The 44.1 Hz sampling rate is standard for

compact discs. 32 Hz is for digital broadcast; 48 Hz is for DAT"

the microRendu can be funky abut its config state if you don't actually confirm settings and your DAC only plays 44.1/48khz recordings

Regards,

Dave

Audio system

1 hour ago, davide256 said:

That's what you should see... the Eitr is the USB device, not the Parasound 1600.

1. Did you select and confirm the Eitr as USB device in MR interface?

2. Did you select the Roon option in MR interface?

3. Can you see the MR as a network audio device in Roon and if so have you made it active so that it

can be used as a zone?

4. If all of the above is true, does your DAC show a synch lock when you try to play a 44.1 khz PCM recording?

from your owners manual

"

Sampling Frequency LEDs

Your D/AC-1600HD will recognize the digital signal of whatever type of digital source you connect and

will switch to the correct sampling rate automatically. The 44.1 Hz sampling rate is standard for

compact discs. 32 Hz is for digital broadcast; 48 Hz is for DAT"

the microRendu can be funky abut its config state if you don't actually confirm settings and your DAC only plays 44.1/48khz recordings

@smile -- this is an awesome point.  you need to make sure that your settings in roon are set to do max of 16/48.  if you have roon set to automatically set the max, then it'll see the eitr can do 24/192.

(1) holo audio red (hqp naa) > chord dave > luxman cl-38uc/mq-88uc > kef reference 1
(2) simaudio moon mind 2 > chord qutest > luxman sq-n150 > monitor audio gold gx100
6 hours ago, JMotzi said:

The microRendu was designed to feed USB DACs, so what you are trying is not the expected use.

Have you used the microRendu successfully with other hardware?  If so, what did you do?

The better product for what you are trying to do is the UltraDigital (cheaper!), or if you can find one on the used market, the original "Rendu" which was a nice unit in its day.

The best advice is to contact the folks at Sonore.us directly.  They know their products best.

JM

The ultraDigital and Eitr are both DDC's. USB in from microRendu and digital out from DDC.

8 hours ago, smile said:

Hi! Markus/smile here,

Do not get audio to my dac Parasound 1600.

The chain is: Fiber 100/100 from router Inteno FG 500

Supra cat 8 patchable 65 feet in to living room from bedroom.

Ethernetcabel to micro rendo continue to Shiit Eitr usb/ spidd converter.

Then digital cable to Parasound 1600 a 18 year old dac.

The Inteno router is located on 192.168.1.

micro Rendo  192.168.1.5

wifi  192.168.2.1

Uses roon and TIDAL

I´ve tried as well as I can! I'm a data as english analfabet,so help me

with as common words as possible.

Sincerely Markus

Hello Markus, davide256 gave some good information. Stick with it, you will figure it out.

Hi, no success get.

Network rendo 101353

custom dac Shiit Eitr

dac audio device shiit Eitr

audio device list Error in also-capabiities (v0.9.1): apply did not find any sound card.

roon configurera roon OS searching for devices nothing happens!

Now i can't see any networked divice in roon.

Ready settings audio device Schiit Eitr /or usb output have to choose.

Volymcontroll hardware, software or none? dsd support none.

roon diagnostic won't open.

I have chosen just 16 bits 44.1 and 48 kHz

Im lost....Markus

Go into Settings / System Settings / Custom DAC and delete the custom DAC.

Go to Settings / RoonReady and make sure you have USB Output only and that it is selected.

The Rendu needs to sees your USB device before it will show up in Roon. To verify if the Rendu sees your USB device go to Apps / DAC Diagnostics. If the USB device is not listed you may have to remove and reconnect the USB cable, then refresh the page. If your USB device is still not listed try power cycling the USB device followed by power cycling the Rendu and then go to Apps / DAC Diagnostics. 

Hi Jesus,

Is the known Issue with the microRendu and the OP's Schitt Eltr USB to SPDIF converter still applicable?

" 11. Schitt Eitr USB interface

The Schitt Eitr USB interface reports to our operating system a streaming format that it does not appear to support. It's working fine for some and not for others so they may have firmware variations in the field. I sent an email to Schitt letting them know and I have not heard back from them.

Try this until Schitt fixes the issue on their end: 
Go to Settings/Squeezelite and select format = 24_3 and press Save. Go to Roon Settings / Setup and Enable Squeeze Box support. Then Enable the SqueezeLite output in Settings / Audio / Networked and test. "

John

We are far more united and have far more in common with each other than things that divide us.

-- Jo Cox

Thanks so very much everyone, it's working now!! Tried step by step. Had to restart everything except

for pre and power stage. When roon found output, I namned it Parasound.

The Parasound start to flimmers together like a pinball game. Confirmed it locked ON 44.1 and Sound.

Now I have to compare streaming with Parasound drive 2000 don't think streaming is better at this level.

Thank you so very much everyone for the patience and effort Markus

I wonder what is best, uppsampling redbook 16/44 to dsd 512 via hq software and dac like TA-8 dsd.

Or by high resfiles like dsd 256

To play with high res dsd dack.

I whant something dynamic,analog

Sounding and better then I have now.

Thanks Markus

11 minutes ago, smile said:

I wonder what is best, uppsampling redbook 16/44 to dsd 512 via hq software and dac like TA-8 dsd.

Or by high resfiles like dsd 256

To play with high res dsd dack.

I whant something dynamic,analog

Sounding and better then I have now.

Thanks Markus

Definitely upgrade the DAC.... its a wine that's past its time. I have a Linn CD player that cost me $1800 in 2001 and it's basically a door stop now because DAC tech has

improved greatly since 2001. Something like the Schiit multibit Gungnir/Yggdrasil or if DSD is a must Chord products are a safe bet.

Regards,

Dave

Audio system

• 11 months later...
On 4/14/2018 at 11:06 PM, davide256 said:

Definitely upgrade the DAC.... its a wine that's past its time. I have a Linn CD player that cost me $1800 in 2001 and it's basically a door stop now because DAC tech has

improved greatly since 2001. Something like the Schiit multibit Gungnir/Yggdrasil or if DSD is a must Chord products are a safe bet.

Hi! Just want too say I have just bought a AudioNotekit 5.1 dac. A ladder dac with pipe.

DAC5.1-Construction-Manual-V2.0.pdf

• 5 months later...
On 9/30/2019 at 9:09 AM, smile said:

Hi is it possible  to just use spotify alone with Eitr and micro rendu? 

I have no longer Tidal and Roon. If I can get that working I will try hightresaudio.com

my dac is audionotekit 5.1 ladderdac with pipe. regards Markus

yes.  you simply connect the usb output of the microrendu to the usb input on the eitr.  the coax out of the eitr is connected to your dac.

(1) holo audio red (hqp naa) > chord dave > luxman cl-38uc/mq-88uc > kef reference 1
(2) simaudio moon mind 2 > chord qutest > luxman sq-n150 > monitor audio gold gx100

Hi, yes have linked up usb with micro R to usb input on eitr. But it is not enough,there are no settings on Spotify

as there are in Roon. fore output.

No audio devices found, Spotify connect playername mrendu010353,audio devise usb output

systemname nothing  costum dac nothing,dac audio device nothing.

audio devise list Error in alsa-capabilities (v0.9.1) did note find any soundcard.

Rendu dont see my usb, dont help restart usbcabel or restart every think else exlusive preamp, poweramp.

regards Markus