IGNORED

Innuos ZENith "STATEMENT"

2 hours ago, kennyb123 said:

innuOS 1.4.6 is now available - I'm installing it now.

http://www.innuos.com/en/go/release-1-4-6

Tried but not seeing the new version on my system

My Innuos: Zenith 2020-12-02 19-04-04.jpg

MAIN: Sonore Optical Module Deluxe/Farad Super 3 (7v) > Uptone EtherRegen/Farad Super 3(9v)/AfterDark Emperor Signature/Farad Super 3 (12v) > Innuos Zenith MKII SE (ER A) > ER (B) > Meitner MA-3 DAC > Ayre K-5xe MP Preamplifier > Ayre VX-5 Twenty Amplifier  > Vandersteen Quatro Woods

POWER: AQ Niagara 5000 > AQ (Hurricane)/Triode Wire Labs/Shunyata Python/Nordost Blue Heaven/Audience AU24 SE/Audio Sensibilities Sig Silver

CABLING: Silversmith Audio Fidelium Speaker/Sablon Pantela Reserva 2020 Lan/Ghent JSSG360 Cat 6/AQ Earth & Pegasus/Aurelis Deuland 75ohm

ISOLATION: Stillpoints/Symposium/IsoAcoustics/Herbie's/PS Audio Powerbase

1 hour ago, kennyb123 said:

I was actually re-configuring my music libraries when the message popped up indicating that it's available.  I had just finished deleting my NAS folder so I can start over as I've decided to abandon Roon.

It just showed up for me Kenny. 

Wow. Abandoning Roon?  What for?  Did you have a lifetime?

MAIN: Sonore Optical Module Deluxe/Farad Super 3 (7v) > Uptone EtherRegen/Farad Super 3(9v)/AfterDark Emperor Signature/Farad Super 3 (12v) > Innuos Zenith MKII SE (ER A) > ER (B) > Meitner MA-3 DAC > Ayre K-5xe MP Preamplifier > Ayre VX-5 Twenty Amplifier  > Vandersteen Quatro Woods

POWER: AQ Niagara 5000 > AQ (Hurricane)/Triode Wire Labs/Shunyata Python/Nordost Blue Heaven/Audience AU24 SE/Audio Sensibilities Sig Silver

CABLING: Silversmith Audio Fidelium Speaker/Sablon Pantela Reserva 2020 Lan/Ghent JSSG360 Cat 6/AQ Earth & Pegasus/Aurelis Deuland 75ohm

9 hours ago, kennyb123 said:

I do miss Roon Radio, but it's tough for me to go back as I can't un-hear what I've been hearing.  I hope that innuOS 2.0 enhances the user experience and also improves the sound quality further.   I've been amazed at the progress the Taiko team has made in only a very short time as I think they hired a developer only 3-6 months ago. Emile apparently made change on the OS side of things that reduced the impact of network optimizations and their music playing builds upon that.  It seems that most music servers are still only scratching the surface of what's possible to achieve.  

I had been reading the Taiko developments as well. I thought that upcoming software was for Extreme users only (and that server is outside of my budget). 

Agree totally on your thoughts on Roon vs Experimental vs iPeng. iPeng has always sounded best to me in my system but the usability is brutal (and there seems to be zero development). The Experimental player is better than Roon but buggy to the point of annoyance (at least on 1.4.5). I will be trying it today on 1.4.6 since it has the below updates:

New Features

• Updated Logitech Media Server to version 8.0.1
  • Updated AssetUPNP to version 7.0

iPeng may also be improved

I am also optimistic about 2.0. Agree that there is no way @nvitorino isn't hearing these same differences and incorporating improvements into the 2.0 update

• 1 month later...

about 30 minutes and a reboot