IGNORED

Innuos ZENith "STATEMENT"

Is there informtion on the statement on the type of digital outputs.

I would expect coax and xlr included in the statement in order to allow the utilisation of this high spec and costly ocxo, having just usb out would have been a huge waste of effort and made for a extremely expensive marketing campaign as the clock would then be taken from the dac via usb output.

I cannot seem to find any mention on this, but thi can be the only direction with respects to the type of outputs

• 9 months later...

The ststement uses an OCXO for usb output.

If not wrong usb connection uses the clocking from the dac, asynchronous usb connection.

Any one knows how this will be of benefit.

Wonder also if both ethernet ports are clocked as opposed to just 1. 

A purist approach would be 2 clocks for each of the 2 ethernet and lan ports, clock sharing here?

Wonder if anyone has more detailed info.

On 2/2/2019 at 4:48 AM, nvitorino said:

Hi everyone,

A quick clarification: the ethernet uses a separate clock (and separate power supply for each clock) from USB. Ethernet uses a 25MHz clock whereas USB uses a 24MHz clock. The Ethernet clock works for both ethernet ports.

Hope this helps.

Nuno

I am still very much confused.

Technically, Async USB results in the dacs clocking overriding clocking in the transport(i.e statement).

Which clock does this override in the Statement, the USB clocking?

I cannot understand why the USB is being reclocked with an OCXO in such a scenario? 

Will benefits only results for dacs without async usb implementations?

Hope this can be clarified.

• 4 weeks later...

You will likely have further improvement doing further double reclocking with the sotm, with the sclk ex fed by a 10M reference. 

If you are pushing it further, you also need to pay attention to the power suppy and cables. 

It really depends how far you want to push the performance. 

If the statement has a master clock input, that would have been most perfect. 

You could possibly also demo a Mutec 3.1+ usb with master clock reference to it. 

But all this really makes sense if you already using a master clock as the cost of setting it up may still reap benefits, but at a rather substantial outlay. 

Another method since you have the usbultra, is that you could invest in the 10m clock and add the input. The sclk ex inside can be enable to clock the Zenith SEs motherboard, usb and ethernet.

Potentially, the 10m master clock feed the sclk ex in your usb ultra  may well be superior the ocxo clocks incorporated in the statement. This would be more challenging to incorporate and possibly less costly.

I have the sclk ex, it is another animal when fed the 10m master clock from my Mutec ref 10, which i would state is a must.

Double reclocking with 2 sclk ex's in the SNh10 switch  with 10m master clock signals has further improvements. Dont ask why, but it just does.

Another level level improvement, probably not worth the effort as the 2nd reclocking adds up the cost significantly especially when you consider good clock cables like the shunyata sigma clock cables with are alread 2k per piece.

Fwiw, there wss further bass tightening, detail and clearer spatial qualities, notes and sounds just lend themselves more into there own space dimensionally within the sound stage.

• 2 weeks later...

str-1, 

If cost is not the consideration and the dealer gives a good trade for your SE, go for it by all means.

It will be the best choice.

In many cases, full retail and a low trade in on your, then you should consider the planned upgrade usb board for your SE.

There will be differences in having slightly different power supply and which is in a seperate box (provided if space is not of a concern and you are not going to stack them).

An upgraded oxco usb board and an careful investment is a great powercord and isolation may even possibly better or at least equally impressive result.

I see an upgrade from a SE to the Statement either when an upgrade bug strike or one has the clear intention to ultimately max out the Statement seeking various powercords, isolation etc. and ultimately, even upgrade again to the SGM server as mentioned above.