IGNORED

Innuos ZENith "STATEMENT"

• 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 9/12/2019 at 12:44 AM, monteverdi said:

I wonder how much the quality of the server makes a difference with the PhoenixUSB. 

I had significant issues with using Roon on my Zentih II and it may be a problem with Roon but possibly also with the processor requirements of Roon which Innuos can not fully meet. So would be servers like Roon Nucleus+ with the PhoenixUSB completive with the Innuos servers?

Hi,

Regarding any issues with Roon with the Zenith II I'm not sure if you contact our support but I would really like to dispel the myth about the processor requirements. We haven't seen any issues with CPU performance issues even handling 15TB worth of music. As we state on our Roon page (http://www.innuos.com/en/go/roon), the only real constraint you have with CPU power is when upsampling music above DSD128.  Any customers having issues with Roon just contact us on support so we can eventually have a look and try to identify the root cause of the problem. A lot of issues have been solved with Roon updates, some require updates on our side for OS libraries or and some are issues with the Roon DB - these are the most frequent causes.

With regards to the Phoenix, we did test a number of sources. I can safely say we haven't reached the "Holy Grail" of making music completely source independent. I makes a difference on any source we tested (apart from the Statement which already includes it) but it does not turn, let's say, a laptop into a Statement. At RMAF, we did demonstrate the same track on a ZENith, then ZENith + Phoenix and then Statement. You can still easily hear a difference between the ZEnith + Phoenix and Statement.

Nuno

1 hour ago, JFHSQT said:

Thanks - unfortunately they have no US support number. Was hoping they'd answer the email or I could find the answer on a forum somewhere. I may have to make the international call if I can't get any response from them by the end of the day. 

You can PM me with your email and I'll check on the tickets. We had a similar question about 3 days ago and we did answer that back immediately - not sure if it was you or if you received the answer.

Anyway, Quarantine, Music Library and Import will not show when in Roon Mode with the Experimental Squeezelite integration is selected. We have to turn off our Music Library for the Squeezelite Integration to work and that prevents those features from working, so we disable them.

Nuno

On 9/22/2019 at 9:25 AM, str-1 said:

@nvitorinoNuno, would be great to have your comments once you’ve had chance to look into this.

Hi everyone,

We're following up on this but it does not seem to be any kind of a critical issue. The problems identified seem to occur only in specific circumstances in the LPC, SD Card or RTC system, although Intel does not detail them. Our systems do not use the LPC bus and SD Card so on those two there would be no issue. On the RTC potentially but we need more clarification about the conditions where it does fail or for which subsystems. If this is only related to the LPC bus then it should not affect our products at all - the LPC bus is mostly used by legacy devices - see definition here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Low_Pin_Count

From my initial reading it does not mean at all the Apollo Lake are "dying".  They will have a new revision with the F-1 Stepping. This is exactly the reason we only opt for motherboards with long availability dates - they have a much better commitment to their continuity. On a consumer board this would just be discontinued and job done.

So far we haven't detected any of our systems with a fault like this but we will seek further clarification from Intel to know the circumstances under which problems can occur and whether those may or not affect our systems.

We'll keep you posted.

Nuno

• 3 weeks later...

Hi everyone,

For those of you in the UK, we will have a ZENith SE with PhoenixUSB for A/B at the HifiShow Live on the 26th/27th. There will be set times for demonstrations so if you have the chance, you're more than welcome to come and have a listen. Bring a stick with your music if you like and we can load it up.

Nuno

For those who had the ZENith SE and now have a Statement, they can easily simulate the effect of the Phoenix USB - just connect your DAC to the regular USB output on the Statement then connect it to the DAC USB output. The change you will hear is pretty much what you get with a PhoenixUSB. There's a bit less refinement with the added cable on a PhoenixUSB compared to the Statement DAC output (which has much shorter signal paths) but the kind of change is similar.

Although these things are always subjective, one thing I am very confident in saying: With a ZEnith SE, the change in sound in not subtle at all. Of course you will have to decide if you like the change or not...

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...