IGNORED

Innuos ZENith "STATEMENT"

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

@str-1 did you try the SE with new firmware with the "new experimental feature"? I find it so much better that I sold my tx-USB Ultra (powered by LPS 1.2) which didn´t gave me better SQ anymore. 

Maybe even good to know for you that Nino informed me that an "external USB reclocker module including the same USB board as the Statement and the two linear power supplies required to power it in one box" at the end of Q2. It should close the gap to the Statement to some extend. 

• 6 months later...

I sold my tx-USB-Ultra with Uptone LPS 1.2 after I installed the experimental firmware on my Zenith SE. To my ears it didn´t sound better with the Ultra anymore, but neither worse. Therefore I am a bit sceptical if the Phoenix will be worth the imoney. Is it so much better than the tx-USB-Ultra? We have to wait and see. I would like anyone who gets the Phoenix with the SE even to test it with the experimental firmware.

1 hour ago, nvitorino said:

Although these things are always subjective, one thing I am very confident in saying: With a ZEnith SE, the change in sound in not subtle at all. Of course you will have to decide if you like the change or not...

I hope for the best. My point was that the tx-USB Ultra made a change in sound with the regular firmware istalled. This change in sound was not so obvious anymore when I changed to the experimental firmware. The experimental firmware sounds much better overall, but the reclocking with the tx-USBultra seems to have less inpact on the sound with it installed. 

• 7 months later...
  • 8 months later...