IGNORED

Stereophile (TEN) Sold to AVTech Media Ltd (UK)

51 minutes ago, Brinkman Ship said:

posted by none other than author Jim Smith at AA:

https://www.audioasylum.com/cgi/vt.mpl?f=critics&m=92129

"The thread mentions Michael Lavorgna, Jana Dagdagan, & long-time music reviewer Robert Baird."

That thread discusses these rumors within the context of "Stereophile", but I thought there was a corporate separation between Stereophile and Audiostream.  Does this mean that Audiostream itself is a goner (at least in the context of this rumor)?

Hey MQA, if it is not all $voodoo$, show us the math!

1 minute ago, Brinkman Ship said:

I was never under the impression that AS was a separate entity. In fact, for a short period, Lavorgna's AS articles were reprinted in Stereophile.

If you noticed, last year AS staffed up on numerous additional contributors. This has probably been in the works for a while. The content was getting lamer and lamer. Oh well, he might have to liquidate "The Barn".

Thanks, for the last year at least I never perused AS and would only click on an article if it was mentioned here.  I did not know there had been a "merger" of sorts with Stereophile proper...

8 minutes ago, Brinkman Ship said:

well, just to clarify..they were never separate..AS was just a column...like Analog Corner...

Hum, I thought JA himself said (more than once) that they were under the same "corporate tent" but that they were separate and he was not editor of AS or ML...could be misremembering...

7 minutes ago, Brinkman Ship said:

I think it is was somewhere in the middle, because they certainly overlapped....

FYI, I don't think AS will be folded..but revamped instead...I could be wrong..

If so, they should create a column/feature/section called "The Voice of the Banned", and get all of us here to contribute!  :)

8 minutes ago, BigAlMc said:

It's the toxic sentiment I object to. 

I get it. 

On the other hand, so much and so many in this industry are frauds (not saying ML is - he believe what he says..probably...maybe...does it matter?).  Really, much of this stuff would be illegal if the market was big enough to draw attention from stretched-too-thin consumer protection agencies.  What else do we consumers have except each other, and since the gloves are already off when it comes to manufacturers and these trade publications, what are we to do?  "play nice" and "play by the rules"??

Still I get it, you don't want to wallow the with pigs such that you become just like them...

16 minutes ago, BigAlMc said:

Take a deep breath and a chill pill. You hate MQA. We get it. Arguing ML and the likes deserve to lose their jobs is not an appropriate response and is beneath you. 

Actually, I think more than a few folks deserve exactly that - to lose their jobs.  I suspect some of them deserve to be investigated by a handful of Euro and NA governmental agencies, and for them to issue real civil penalties (prison is probably going too far).

Thank our lucky stars, most of us rarely get what we deserve!