IGNORED

SOtM sNH-10G - SOtM’s first network switch

Thanks for sharing Chris. Interesting stuff! 

Synergistic Research Powercell UEF SE > Sonore OpticalModule (LPS-1.2 & DXP-1A5DSC) > EtherRegen (SR4T & DXP-1A5DSC) > (Sablon 2020 LAN) Innuos PhoenixNet > Muon Streaming System > Grimm Audio MU1 server > (Sablon AES) Mola Mola Tambaqui DAC > PS Audio M1200 monoblocks > Salk Sound Supercharged Songtowers

Between the SOtM switch and the UpTone Audio one in the works its interesting times for switches. 

I currently have the Aqvox SE switch. But I'm more than happy for SOtM or UpTone to give me a dilemma by raising the bar further. 

Synergistic Research Powercell UEF SE > Sonore OpticalModule (LPS-1.2 & DXP-1A5DSC) > EtherRegen (SR4T & DXP-1A5DSC) > (Sablon 2020 LAN) Innuos PhoenixNet > Muon Streaming System > Grimm Audio MU1 server > (Sablon AES) Mola Mola Tambaqui DAC > PS Audio M1200 monoblocks > Salk Sound Supercharged Songtowers

I'm predicting the SOtM switch will be much higher priced.

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

6 minutes ago, Boomboy said:

thnx for sharing . looks like a few more products to be released from that link . would like to see some video footage from this event if anyone from here is attending . bit far for me .

Theres a thread over on the General forum discussing some CAers attending. So hopefully they'll report back. 

Bit far for me too as I'm in the UK but I am considering Munich High End or a trip across the pond to RMAF one of these years. Won't be this year though due to other commitments. 

3 minutes ago, firedog said:

I'm predicting the SOtM switch will be much higher priced.

Hey Firedog, 

Yup, based on previous form I'd say that's a safe bet! 

Interesting times tho and good to have some competition in this space. 

Cheers, 

Alan 

@The Computer Audiophile and @austinpop

Chris / Rajiv - didn't want to derail your meet up thread (other than perhaps out of envy since its a bit too far for me to attend ¬¬) but would be great to get your impressions on the new SOtM switch and the sCLK-OCX10 clock. 

Cheers, 

Alan 

12 hours ago, tedwoods said:

The switch looks smashing! (and expensive...:D)

I wonder if the upcoming product from Uptone, which is 10/100, can work with the gigabit SOtM endpoints?

I don't see why not, we don't need gigabit for audio. 

ChrisG

Bend, OR

• 3 months later...
On 4/7/2018 at 1:11 AM, tedwoods said:

The switch looks smashing! (and expensive...:D)

I wonder if the upcoming product from Uptone, which is 10/100, can work with the gigabit SOtM endpoints?

Interesting. Although I'm an UPtone/Sonore person, - I may be tempted because of the SFP modules and the fact that it's gigabit. I am not sure if I want to bail on fiber because of its galvanic isolation.

15 hours ago, juniorbudel said:

I ordered the sNH-10G at the local distributor, priced at about 750 USD, expected to arrive in late August.

I am very hopeful with the positive results of this switch in setup.

Which options does it include for this price?

dCS Network Bridge | Audio Note DAC2 Signature | Audio Note M5 Preamp | Audio Note Empress Silver Monoblocks | Audio Note AN-E/Spe HE Speakers

On 7/31/2018 at 6:42 AM, juniorbudel said:

I ordered the sNH-10G at the local distributor, priced at about 750 USD, expected to arrive in late August.

I am very hopeful with the positive results of this switch in setup.

Interesting...they aren't taking orders on their website yet.

ChrisG

Bend, OR

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My first question is whether the optional sCLK-EX board has to be in the sNH-10G itself or whether you can install the SOtM clock connect PCB in the sNH-10G and use available clock points from an sCLK-EX board in another component.  @MayfromSOtM ?  This is how the $300 SOtM switch mod was done. 

Pareto Audio AMD 7700 Server --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

i7-6700K/Windows 10  --> EVGA Nu Audio Card --> Focal CMS50's 

27 minutes ago, ChrisG said:

$800 for the base model

Seems they priced against the AQVOX AQ-Switch SE which costs 798 euros.  

I assume you also want a good LPS for this thing.  Anyone know the DC input specs?

Pareto Audio AMD 7700 Server --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

i7-6700K/Windows 10  --> EVGA Nu Audio Card --> Focal CMS50's 

7 minutes ago, rickca said:

My first question is whether the optional sCLK-EX board has to be in the sNH-10G itself or whether you can install the SOtM clock connect PCB in the sNH-10G and use available clock points from an sCLK-EX board in another component.  @MayfromSOtM ?

Hi rickca, if I understand your question correctly, the optional sCLK-EX installation for sNH-10G means the sCLK-EX board will be installed into the sNH-10G.

Thank you.

Best regards, May