IGNORED

SOtM sNH-10G - SOtM’s first network switch

hi all

am considering the SNH-10G, and am new to fiber.

SOtM website says "You will need to use the converter and module for SFP connections with the sNH-10G, here you can use the single mode lc to lc duplex cables and these type of products...."

question: does it have to be a single mode type or can i use multimode transceivers and patch cable?

• 1 month later...
4 hours ago, Calum said:

Hi Roasty,

maybe you’ve got yourself fixed up with SFPs etc but just to say I’m happily using multi mode TP Link gear with my SOtM switch. I didn’t see any specific guidance on the SOtM site about what format to use and there’s lot of discussion around about what’s best. I didn’t do any comparisons with single mode but the multi mode gear was cheap and easy for me to implement as a toe in the water.  For what it’s worth I’ve no regrets and there was a clear sound improvement. 

cheers and let us know how you get on

Calum

Hi Calum

I got in touch with May from SOtM and she suggested to stick with a single mode setup. So in the end, that's what I did, got some sfp modules and single mode cable and everything is working fine for me. 

21 hours ago, Johnseye said:

I am.  HQPlayer 4 playback pauses then starts, pauses, starts.  I've swapped out the switch for another and the issue goes away.

Hmm that's odd.. I assume you have tried everything ie rebooting everything, different ports, different hqplayer settings etc.. Hope u can get it sorted. Maybe contact sotm for ideas. Sorry man I'm of no help. 

• 5 months later...