IGNORED

SOtM sNH-10G - SOtM’s first network switch

I thought I'd share my experience here. I have been listening to the SoTM switch for the past 24 hours. I know they say 50 hour burn in but here are my impressions:

1. My upstream chain consists of ISP Modem -> CAT 5e Cable. -> Netgear Orbi Router -> Wireless -> Netgear Satellite -> SoTM CAT 7 cable -> SoTM Switch (powered by Sps-500) -> Direcstream DAC

2. I have played around with going direct from the Satellite -> DAC vs Satellite -> Switch ->DAC

Ive got to say that for me the biggest difference was the SoTM Cat & cable. I don't have a WHOA moment with the SoTM switch in my system. This could very well be the sps-500 or the fact that I don't have the EQVOX caps....not sure.

Either way - I am going back and forth with and without switch...and so far I think its a close call.

Thanks @justubes

However I feel that this has become a never ending game of cat and mouse. You spend money and then you need to spend some more money and some more money to get that elusive bump in SQ. However this is just my system, my ears and my experience.

The SoTM switch i have had everything but the EVOX caps and cost around $1500. At this level I am not willing to 'hang in there'. If i dont hear a SQ difference then that product is not hanging around in my listening room.

I wait eagerly for etheregen,.