IGNORED

SOtM sNH-10G - SOtM’s first network switch

I ordered my 10G switch with everything except the external clock input and have been listening for 4 months now.

So far various connection schemes have produced varying results with my WiFi bridge, STi5 and uR.

All 3 straight into the 10G with Ethernet was a step up from my dual PPA ZyXEL switches.

I ordered a pair of the Sonore oMs and extra SFP modules to try optical isolation into the 10Gs SFP ports.

Getting the oMs to link up with the 10G was a challenge with the STi5 and uR, different connection sequences are required by each to get them to talk. I also added a GigaFOIL between the wifi bridge and the 10G.

This was another step up, the sound field became wider with more detail retrieval, but the bottom end had a bit less energy.

The current connection scheme is back to back oMs on the uR, GigaFOIL on the WiFi bridge and EMO filter on the STi5 and all connected via Ethernet to the 10G. 

The sound field narrowed up ever so slightly, the detail retrieval is still there but the bottom end is much better and there is more warmth in vocals. Streaming Qobuz has never sounded better than it does now has for me, it equals files on SSD. 

I am extremely happy with my playback utilizing HQPlayer.

I think that I read somewhere that the 10Gs SFP ports are not as maximized as its Ethernet ports or that the comment was that the performance of the SFP ports was undetermined.

The only other variable that I might try, if the disposable funds are there, is adding back to back oMs on the STi5.

Thought about the oR via oM vs direct into the SFP ports but thats even more expense.

So many paths to try..............

• HQPE 1.4/1.5 MHz 20 Bit PCM
  • Streaming Qobuz or playing files from external SSD
  • Surface Go 3 i3 Tablet with HQPlayer Client
  • ISP Cable Modem -> Ethernet -> Sonore opticalModule 
  • Sonore opticalModule  -> 20m Fiber -> Sonore opticalModule -> Ethernet -> Managed Switch
  • Managed Switch -> Ethernet -> Sonore opticalModule Deluxe -> 5m Fiber -> Sonore Sig Rendu SE Optical ( HQPlayer NAA )
  • Managed Switch -> Ethernet ->Small Green Computer sonicTransporter i9 Optical ( HQPlayer Embedded )
  • Sonore Sig Rendu SE Optical -> USB -> Holo Audio KTE May
  • Holo Audio KTE May -> XLR -> Goldpoint SA1X/47 -> XLR to Decware ZBIT -> RCA to Decware ZSTAGE25 -> RCA to Decware SE84UFO25 -> Avantgarde Duo Omega Horns with Townshend Audio Ribbon Super Tweeters
  • Decware SE84UFO25 -> Speaker Level to Jensen IsoMax Balanced Converter -> XLR Rives PARC -> XLR Avantgarde SUB225s