IGNORED

My honest review of Acourate

I tend to agree with some of the interface frustration but I have had success with 3 of my systems now for basic room corrections.  I took analog filter design and DSP in college more than 20 years ago, but I don't really think any of it helped.  All I can remember from DSP (even though I still have my book, homework sets and notes) is suffering through all of the algebraic substitutions for time series and trying to grok convolution. None of that is particularly helpful for using acourate.  Like most things, I think it is simply an iterative learning  process that builds competence. I bought Mitch's e-book but haven't started it yet.  I am sure I will learn a few more things that way too. In the end, my system now sounds better than any system I have had in my life. Using Pure Vinyl with a plugin convolver Roon and HQPlayer, I can RC every source including vinyl, casette tapes, an FM tuner, CD's and digital files. Let me tell you, a casette made in the early 80's on an early 70's pre-Dolby BIC deck by my father of a 1950's record sounds a whole lot better than I thought it did once I could hear it properly reproduced.

image.thumb.jpeg.a4a84e289e35c7e49a6d3042fc9b2a99.jpeg