IGNORED

EtherREGEN: The long development thread. [Some Gen2 dev. pics and update starting on page 92.]

55 minutes ago, Superdad said:

Sorry, the original LPS-1 can not power the switch because at its top 7 volt setting the EtherREGEN draws almost 1.4A, a bit over the UltraCap 1.1A continuous limit.

The newer UltraCap LPS-1.2 can power EtherREGEN from its 9V or 12V settings as our switch draws about 0.92A at 9V and 0.72A at 12V.

Damn! Ha! I've been looking for something to power with my LPS-1, but alas I guess it just isn't in the cards, every since I moved totally away from USB.

Thank you for the answer! I'm really looking forward to the etherREGEN. :)

SonicTransporter i5 -> Linn KDS/3 -> M3a-800S -> EgglestonWorks Andra II

2 hours ago, Superdad said:

[245 boards (with 80 allotted to our Hong Kong and UK dealers]

[So all of the first run of EtherREGEN will ship to clients the first half of November.]

[9:00 a.m. Tuesday date when the "AddToCart" button will go live]

[I am aiming for launch day to be October 8th.]

[Once the first 155 available units are pre-sold (probably within the first couple of hours)]

Is a keen UK customer best advised to order from a UK dealer or direct online as USA customers? Given high demand, is one alternative more likely to secure a unit than the other? If UK customers are obliged to deal with UK dealers, please advise info inc. dealership(s), release dates and order routes. Thank you!

3 hours ago, Superdad said:

And I need to import all the new e-mail addresses and write the letter announcing the 9:00 a.m. Tuesday date when the "AddToCart" button will go live.

So, if you've gotten newsletters from Uptone and made orders before, you should get an email for the ether REGEN? 

Gee, I just looked and my last update from your guys was on 04/25/17 for the ISO REGEN. 

I hope I'm not being a pain in the ass. I just want to be able to snatch one from the first batch (don't we all?) :)

SonicTransporter i5 -> Linn KDS/3 -> M3a-800S -> EgglestonWorks Andra II

2 minutes ago, Iving said:

Is a keen UK customer best advised to order from a UK dealer or direct online as USA customers? Given high demand, is one route more likely to secure a unit than the other? If UK customers are obliged to deal with UK dealers, please advise info inc. dealership(s), release dates and order routes. Thank you!

Our products have always been value-priced for direct sale. Prices would be twice current retail if we offered traditional 40-55% dealer/distributor discounts. We have only a few international dealers because not too many are keen on the 15% discount we offer them--and that's for orders in some bulk (though we do give them free freight).

But some very fine dealers enjoy selling UpTone products in part because our pieces are so unique and effective--and because it helps them sell other items.

Our top two dealers--and the only ones who will have the EtherREGEN at launch--are:

Both of them have been accepting reservations for the EtherREGEN for the past two months. From the first production run, AfterDark is receiving 60 units (I think they are all pre-sold; Adrian has been begging me for more but they will have to wait until 2nd run), and Martin at AudioStore/VortexBox is set to receive 20.  

If we mange to properly execute production and shipping as envisioned, both dealers will receive their stock 2-3 days before the other 155 direct-sale units begin shipping. That's my way of showing appreciation for their fine representation of the UpTone brand. :D

Given the above, and that I recall Martin telling me--before he left on vacation to here in the States--that he already had a dozen or so pre-order reservations for EtherREGEN, the odds of new pre-orders at his site being fillable from the 20 they will receive are getting slimmer by the day.  And since Martin is gone until after our public launch day, I don't think you would have any way of knowing if adding yourself to his Priority List with a £0.01 deposit will actually secure one of those first 20.

That's what I know as of now... B|

19 minutes ago, EVOLVIST said:

So, if you've gotten newsletters from Uptone and made orders before, you should get an email for the ether REGEN? 

Yes. :)

• Anyone who has EVER ordered a product from us will be sent the announcement via whatever e-mail address we have on file.
  • Anyone who enters their e-mail address at the lower-right of our web homepage will be sent the announcement.
  • And most all the people who have sent any sort of product inquiry to us are also on the list.

Regarding the first and last above:

It may not technically be legal anymore for us to add such addresses to our list without express permission. But I do it anyway because:

a) Virtually everyone who bought from us in the the past wants to know about new products;

b) If I take the time to write a detailed personal reply to someone's inquiry, I consider their e-mail address token compensation;

c) We never have and never will share our e-mail list with any other company or individual;

d) The only time we ever send anything to the list is when we have a major new product launching. So what, that's one primitive text e-mail per year at most? (Just checked and the last "Newsletter" I sent to the list was April 2017.)

And yet given all that, you might (or might not) be shocked at the number of openly hostile, threatening, and downright vile replies I get when I send to the list. >:(  A simple "Please unsubscribe me" would suffice.

44 minutes ago, Superdad said:

Our products have always been value-priced for direct sale. Prices would be twice current retail if we offered traditional 40-55% dealer/distributor discounts. We have only a few international dealers because not too many are keen on the 15% discount we offer them--and that's for orders in some bulk (though we do give them free freight).

But some very fine dealers enjoy selling UpTone products in part because our pieces are so unique and effective--and because it helps them sell other items.

Our top two dealers--and the only ones who will have the EtherREGEN at launch--are:

Both of them have been accepting reservations for the EtherREGEN for the past two months. From the first production run, AfterDark is receiving 60 units (I think they are all pre-sold; Adrian has been begging me for more but they will have to wait until 2nd run), and Martin at AudioStore/VortexBox is set to receive 20.  

If we mange to properly execute production and shipping as envisioned, both dealers will receive their stock 2-3 days before the other 155 direct-sale units begin shipping. That's my way of showing appreciation for their fine representation of the UpTone brand. :D

Given the above, and that I recall Martin telling me--before he left on vacation to here in the States--that he already had a dozen or so pre-order reservations for EtherREGEN, the odds of new pre-orders at his site being fillable from the 20 they will receive are getting slimmer by the day.  And since Martin is gone until after our public launch day, I don't think you would have any way of knowing if adding yourself to his Priority List with a £0.01 deposit will actually secure one of those first 20.

That's what I know as of now... B|

I assume the first run of EtherREGEN's will be snapped up pretty quickly so, going on previous sales of new products, what sort of delay is likely before the 2nd, 3rd runs are available.  Reason I ask is that my countries import taxes on goods are increasing on 1st December so if I purchase an ER I'd like to have it before this date :cool:.

Thanks

10 hours ago, Pinkfaunrookie said:

Mmmm so no mainland european dealer? Germany? The netherlands?  I ask this as UK will be doing their brexit and then i expect hell brakes loose concerning extra taxes etc for ordering stuff in UK from mainland Europe

Agreed. This is my concern too.

Best wishes,

Uwe

27 minutes ago, alsterfan said:

That´s right. But it is way more comfortable to order in EU because of our customs procedures.

This is also ZERO issue with Fedex and the Express option of Alex: I got my delivery in three days and 2-3 weeks after got a letter with information how to pay the taxes via online wizard. 

12 hours ago, Pinkfaunrookie said:

Mmmm so no mainland european dealer? Germany? The netherlands?  I ask this as UK will be doing their brexit and then i expect hell brakes loose concerning extra taxes etc for ordering stuff in UK from mainland Europe

If a "no deal" Brexit does occur and the UK moves to WTO rules, then the UK government is currently planning to reduce tariffs to zero for the vast majority of goods, including electronics.  The exceptions are agricultural and "finished" automobiles.  (rather than parts)  Also, despite all the scaremongering in the press at the moment, a "no deal" Brexit in the very short term remains relatively unlikely.  So don't panic!

As things stand, the EU ramping up tariffs on US imports is far more likely as US / EU negotiations are currently a little strained.

Windows 11 PC, Roon, HQPlayer, Focus Fidelity convolutions, iFi Zen Stream, Paul Hynes SR4, Mutec REF10, Mutec MC3+USB, Devialet 1000Pro, KEF Blade.  Plus Pro-Ject Signature 12 TT for playing my 'legacy' vinyl collection. Desktop system; RME ADI-2 DAC fs, Meze Empyrean headphones.

27 minutes ago, Pinkfaunrookie said:

And no 30% extra taxes/ costs on top of the product's price.

I really dont see that you can get away without extra costs buying from a company within the EU they need to pay TAX and import on the goods from the US.

For example with the Uptone LPS-1.2 shipped to Sweden.

Direkt from Uptone it is $435 and that is around 4250SEK and if it ends up in customs they add 25% TAX so that is 5300SEK (I dont know what the customs fee is so that will add more to the cost).

Bought from Audiostore in England it is £435  and that is around 5200SEK so not much diffrences in the price for me where I buy it.

Only way to get it for less money is if the package is marked with a lower value from the US so the TAX and fee is lower but not all companys want to do that when the ship it.

Main system
TAD D1000mk2, TAD M2500mk2, TAD CE-1, Ansuz Mainz 8 C2, Ansuz Darkz D-TC, 
Qobuz Studio -> Roon ROCK on NUC -> Uptone etherREGEN -> dCS Network Bridge -> AES/EBU -> DAC
HD Plex 200W PSU (4 rail for ISP fiber, router, etherREGEN and NUC)

Second system
Qobuz Studio -> Devialet Silver Phantom, Devialet Tree
1 hour ago, octaviars said:

I really dont see that you can get away without extra costs buying from a company within the EU they need to pay TAX and import on the goods from the US.

For example with the Uptone LPS-1.2 shipped to Sweden.

Direkt from Uptone it is $435 and that is around 4250SEK and if it ends up in customs they add 25% TAX so that is 5300SEK (I dont know what the customs fee is so that will add more to the cost).

Bought from Audiostore in England it is £435  and that is around 5200SEK so not much diffrences in the price for me where I buy it.

Only way to get it for less money is if the package is marked with a lower value from the US so the TAX and fee is lower but not all companys want to do that when the ship it.

I didnt meant NO...tgat was a typing error..lolz..i once bought an amp from US and i had to pay a third extra in taxes and transport costs, was a small fortune as the amp itself was expensive..

BUT BACK TO THE FORUM GUYS, back to that special product uptone is going to give up...we are derailing the thread..my apologies!