Superdad

EtherREGEN: We are getting much closer!!

Rate this topic

Well... my current d-link switch is quite adequate for the job at the moment. I plan to wait as long as needed for this product to surface. I have not been enamored of the other upgraded switches so far (function to price ratio). I would look again at the other offerings if  this fails to make it to market, or some other terminal negative.

[Home Digital] Bricasti M12 > McIntosh MC60 > Zu Druid V + Undertone (BHSE + Voce)

[Home Analog] Technics SL-1200G > K&K Audio Phono Amp (Zu DL-103/Benz Glider-SL/Denon DL-301 II)

[Office] Laptop > Kitsune R2R lvl3 > Violectric V281 > Focal Utopia Headphones (balanced)

[beach/Travel] Laptop > DragonFly Red > Ether Headphones

13 minutes ago, Superdad said:

Well one thing I am fairly confident in restating is that EtherREGEN will sell for about $600 (+/- $25 should not matter to anyone)...

That is good to hear; I just emailed a guy telling him I'd budgeted $750...  Of course there is the matter of an upgrading to an LPS.  I have come and gone on this thread so I didn't remember, or know, what the recent estimate was.

As I said before, I'm sure everyone is doing all they can to get the EtherREGEN to market.  More and more people are taking up streaming daily, so there is a market for it and I'm sure you will be as excited for it to appear as we are.  In the end, what is good for you is good for us - it does none of us any good for the product to come out when in reality it is only "almost" ready.

You are very kind to give a concise update.

Who would have thought Idiocracy would turn out to be a documentary!?

Well that is an honest explanation. You tell us frankly about the technical problems and that is much better than silence. After this explanation, I will wait as long as necessary.

Regards

Just now, thyname said:

‘Like what?

I can find at least two products in the AS forum.  Definitely not from Uptone.  Will not name them here but the two products are pretty infamous, MPOV, and you can see people losing patience rightly, again MPOV.

On 3/12/2019 at 5:02 PM, Superdad said:

as long as you are crossing the moat one way or the other.

And the only way to cross that moat is still to use the only one 100mhz RJ45 port ?

Nothing changed as explained in John’s post below. 

Then if one are an opticalRendu user, use that 5th RJ45 as input and the SFP as output.

Should have exactly same effect as going the other way (fiber in), or use one of the 4 other RJ45 as input.

12 hours ago, greenleo said:

I can find at least two products in the AS forum.  Definitely not from Uptone.  Will not name them here but the two products are pretty infamous, MPOV, and you can see people losing patience rightly, again MPOV.

Infamous? Are you sure?

Infamous = known for bad quality....Did you you mean 'renown' or or 'well-known'?

[ AERIS G2 ] => [ MC3+USB x 3 <- -REF10 ] => [ Genelec 8341 x 2 + 7360 x 2 ]

[ Switchable to  [ Genelec 8331 x 2 + 7350 ]

8 minutes ago, LowMidHigh said:

Infamous? Are you sure?

Infamous = known for bad quality....Did you you mean 'renown' or or 'well-known'?

I mean infamous for "to wait for the shipment forever".  Probably well-known is a better wording but this word sounds too positive to me.

4 hours ago, R1200CL said:

And the only way to cross that moat is still to use the only one 100mhz RJ45 port ?

Then if one are an opticalRendu user, use that 5th RJ45 as input and the SFP as output.

Should have exactly same effect as going the other way (fiber in), or use one of the 4 other RJ45 as input.

All three of your statements are correct! :D (Though 100Mbps not 100MHz)

The Game of Thrones will arrive sooner!

I will wait... Courage

:-)

AMP: Electrocompaniet ECI-6D; DAC: Chord Qutest, iFi iDSD BL, Oppo 205, ECI-6D; Streamer/endpoint: Sonic transporter i5 + uRendu

Speakers: Proac Tablette Reference 8 Signature; CD/SACD: Oppo 205

Cables: Speakers (Acoustic Revive) + RCA (au24sx) + RJ45 (Vodka Audioquest) + USB (Diamond Audioquest) + Power (Pangea's + Actinote's)  

Filters: Jensen VRD- iFF + Pink Faun Isolator + Acoustic revive ground isolator RGC-24

Switch: Cisco Catalyst 2960 8 Port

Others: Sboosters MKII + HDplex 200  

57 minutes ago, motberg said:

4K pound sterling, I need at least 2

[Home Digital] Bricasti M12 > McIntosh MC60 > Zu Druid V + Undertone (BHSE + Voce)

[Home Analog] Technics SL-1200G > K&K Audio Phono Amp (Zu DL-103/Benz Glider-SL/Denon DL-301 II)

[Office] Laptop > Kitsune R2R lvl3 > Violectric V281 > Focal Utopia Headphones (balanced)

[beach/Travel] Laptop > DragonFly Red > Ether Headphones

"the M12 SWITCH GOLD conveys the full density of sound and a subtle feeling of the air. Its high-frequency range is transparent, and the mid and bass areas are clear with high S/N." 

Makes perfect sense. You always want to convey the full density of sound. The thicker the snake oil, the more delicious. Now, that's infamous! 

[ AERIS G2 ] => [ MC3+USB x 3 <- -REF10 ] => [ Genelec 8341 x 2 + 7360 x 2 ]

[ Switchable to  [ Genelec 8331 x 2 + 7350 ]

Any ASer bought the M12?  it's been around for years but I find it too expensive.  This may not be the thread to discuss the M12.  Any guy will point a thread of M12 in AS for a poor soul?  

Just for fun, here is a purposely fuzzy reduction of the EtherREGEN block diagram I was updating today (working on revised list of the 10 required LT3042/45 voltage regulators).  Thought I would tease you guys.  x-D

When we are closer to ready and have time I'll publish a readable version so you can see the data flow and clocking domains, etc.  This one has all the part numbers so I need to make it fuzzy.  Plus it is not made pretty or fancy, it's just for our internal discussions and mark-up.

The only hint I'll give is that the pale horizontal line near the middle of the diagram that cuts across everything is the "moat."  Anything that sits on it are data, clock, or power isolators.

1798014586_EtherREGENblockdiagram3.jpg.8d99325b0f02e139071cc3e383e8330a.jpg

2 hours ago, CJH said:

Is it possible for John S. to design a USB optical isolator using this technology?

CJH

Optical ethernet in and usb out or what are you actually requesting ?

USB in > optical isolation > USB out. Using USB in to power the first optical stage and external power for the second optical stage and USB out. Let's call it IsoptoRegen.

CJH