IGNORED

EtherREGEN: The long development thread. [Some Gen2 dev. pics and update starting on page 92.]

aaaaaaarrrrrgggghhhh!!!! my EtherRegen delivery, due today, has been rescheduled to Monday 😡

😢

Qnap HS-264 NAS (powered by an HD-Plex 100w LPS) > Cirrus7 Nimbini v2.5 Media Edition i7-8559U/32/512 running Roon ROCK (powered by a Keces P8 LPS) > Lumin U2  > Metrum Acoustics Adagio NOS digital preamplifier > First Watt SIT 3  power amplifier (or Don Garber Fi "Y" 6922 tube preamplifier + Don Garber Fi "X" 2A3 SET power amplifier, both powered from an Alpha-Core BP-30 Isolated Symmetrical Power Transformer) > Klipsch Cornwall III

headphones system:

Cirrus 7 > Lumin U2 > Metrum Acoustics Adagio > Pathos Aurium amplifier (powered by an UpTone Audio JS-2 LPS) > Focal Clear headphones

45 minutes ago, pl_svn said:

aaaaaaarrrrrgggghhhh!!!! my EtherRegen delivery, due today, has been rescheduled to Monday 😡

😢

I had the same update from Fedex and called them to ask what was happening.... they have a bug in the website that causes the wrong status.

Meantime I have received a new update and now it's back on delivery today as scheduled. pff the drama 😉

so...maybe there is still hope for you as well...

Pink Faun Streamer —>  Pink Faun DAC --> Ayre AX5 --> Paradigm S8 

Emile de Taiko audio, has just received her EtherRegen and has posted a very positive review on WBT.

https://www.whatsbestforum.com/threads/the-uptone-audio-etherregen-audiophile-switch.29106/page-3#post-608363.  

This should also be (according to ASR) a fool who does not make measurements and only trusts his ears.

Francisco

Aries Cerat Kassandra Ref. MKII / Melco N1ZH60-2 / Audio Research Ref. 5 SE / Gryphon Essence Stereo / Rockport Atria I / Göbel XLR and RCA Cables / Göbel Ethernet and USB Cables / Sablon Ethernet Cabe / MIT Magnum MA Sepeakers Cables / Shunyata Everest 8000 / Shunyata Omega XC (1), Sigma NR V2 (3), Sigma NR V1(1) and Alfa NR V1 (2) / Paul Hynes SR7T for Melco S-100 Pink Faun Upgraded / Farad Super3 for IPS Modem-Router / Center Stage2 0.8, 1.0 and 1.5

20 minutes ago, nonesup said:

Emile de Taiko audio, has just received her EtherRegen and has posted a very positive review on WBT.

https://www.whatsbestforum.com/threads/the-uptone-audio-etherregen-audiophile-switch.29106/page-3#post-608363.  

This should also be (according to ASR) a fool who does not make measurements and only trusts his ears.

Thanks for posting. Though I’m not sure it’s Emile’s personal feedback since he wrote it’s the first feedback from Hong Kong. I suspect it’s from one of his customers.

I can officially announce that DHL are in to the mental torture business. Tuesday I got an email from Martin at Audiostore UK with tracking number. My device was scheduled to arrive Friday, painfully far away in time from Tuesday.

Thursday when I went to bed the tracking showed as announced that it then was I Denmark which was logical and close to Sweden. but when I woke up Friday morning it showed that the package was in Budapest which is far from. And after that made a trip to Austria which is the latest information when it’s now Saturday morning here in Sweden.

I have never experienced something like this DHL is clearly in cooperation with the devil 👿

9055B6BD-BC3D-4BDC-90EE-3E1D2D644696.jpeg

17 minutes ago, Aidagent said:

And the estimated delivery has now changed from yesterday to “We don’t know”

That is strange my etherREGEN came to Stockholm yesterday and is on the way to Skåne. Delivery on Monday.

Main system
TAD D1000mk2, TAD M2500mk2, TAD CE-1, Ansuz Mainz 8 C2, Ansuz Darkz D-TC, 
Qobuz Studio -> Roon ROCK on NUC -> Uptone etherREGEN -> dCS Network Bridge -> AES/EBU -> DAC
HD Plex 200W PSU (4 rail for ISP fiber, router, etherREGEN and NUC)

Second system
Qobuz Studio -> Devialet Silver Phantom, Devialet Tree
47 minutes ago, octaviars said:

That is strange my etherREGEN came to Stockholm yesterday and is on the way to Skåne. Delivery on Monday.

Interesting that it’s faster direct from US to Sweden than UK to Sweden. But I think that something went wrong with DHL in my case. Apparently my package is travelling with truck, not by air.

I hope that they haven’t messed up completely and lost my package. Then I will have to wait several months in line for another one. It would be costly for the healthcare because they will have to hospitalise me for mental reasons 🤪

3 hours ago, Aidagent said:

I can officially announce that DHL are in to the mental torture business. Tuesday I got an email from Martin at Audiostore UK with tracking number. My device was scheduled to arrive Friday, painfully far away in time from Tuesday.

Thursday when I went to bed the tracking showed as announced that it then was I Denmark which was logical and close to Sweden. but when I woke up Friday morning it showed that the package was in Budapest which is far from. And after that made a trip to Austria which is the latest information when it’s now Saturday morning here in Sweden.

I have never experienced something like this DHL is clearly in cooperation with the devil 👿

9055B6BD-BC3D-4BDC-90EE-3E1D2D644696.jpeg

I have similar experiences with DHL; a very bad company for customers receiving goods. FedEx is much better.

nope: that was by Royal Fail (as the brits call it ;) )

DHL on its part... once took 15 days from Germany 😡

Qnap HS-264 NAS (powered by an HD-Plex 100w LPS) > Cirrus7 Nimbini v2.5 Media Edition i7-8559U/32/512 running Roon ROCK (powered by a Keces P8 LPS) > Lumin U2  > Metrum Acoustics Adagio NOS digital preamplifier > First Watt SIT 3  power amplifier (or Don Garber Fi "Y" 6922 tube preamplifier + Don Garber Fi "X" 2A3 SET power amplifier, both powered from an Alpha-Core BP-30 Isolated Symmetrical Power Transformer) > Klipsch Cornwall III

headphones system:

Cirrus 7 > Lumin U2 > Metrum Acoustics Adagio > Pathos Aurium amplifier (powered by an UpTone Audio JS-2 LPS) > Focal Clear headphones

2 minutes ago, pl_svn said:

nope: that was by Royal Fail (as the brits call it ;) )

DHL on its part... once took 15 days from Germany 😡

Oh, that is strange, I have quite good experiences with Royal Mail ordering from the UK to the Netherlands.

On 11/13/2019 at 10:10 AM, Superdad said:

... Just to be clear, today finishes shipment of ALL first-batch units. Every last built unit (save one or two for in case of emergency) will be gone.

With order #8915, I assume if somehow I made it from the first few of the second batch to the (absolute) last one of the first batch, I'd already know about it?  A good exercise in patience for me!

I've obviously yet to hear the EtherREGEN (or read about it, been busy), but thanks for sticking with the project.  I'm sure the EtherREGEN will give us people who depend on streaming a way to enjoy more of the music.

Who would have thought Idiocracy would turn out to be a documentary!?

Mapleshade Samson V.5 equipment rack, 4" maple platforms and brass vibration isolation, DH Labs 12ga Silver Sonic Power Plus dedicated power line, IsoTek Sirius EVO3 Power Conditioner, EtherREGEN, InSound Audio Ebony Cat8 Ethernet Cable, Linn Genki CD player (transport), Cary DMS-550 streamer/DAC, Linear Tube Audio Z10e amplifier, (For Sale:) Pass Labs HPA-1 amplifier, Meze Empyrian headphones, various Omega-Micro analog and digital interconnects and power cords. 

31 minutes ago, DelsFan said:

With order #8915, I assume if somehow I made it from the first few of the second batch to the (absolute) last one of the first batch, I'd already know about it?  A good exercise in patience for me!

I've obviously yet to hear the EtherREGEN (or read about it, been busy), but thanks for sticking with the project.  I'm sure the EtherREGEN will give us people who depend on streaming a way to enjoy more of the music.

Yep, your order number is right next to the head of the line for the second batch. Order #8914 is the first unit of the second batch.

FYI all:

I need to do some counting--of user orders, dealer orders, and incoming circuit boards--to know exactly what will be the highest numbered order that will go out in December.  There is a good chance that some people who think they are in the January batch may receive a nice surprise in December.

But please:

No e-mails asking if you are December or January!  If your order acknowledgment e-mail said you are in first (November) or second (December) batch and you have not already getting a shipping notice then you are for sure in December.

If you order acknowledgement notice said January, then just assume that's where you are--and be pleasantly surprised if you get a shipping notice in December.

THANKS!

15 minutes ago, wizardofoz said:

@Superdadwho do we contact in the event shipping details need to be amended due to traveling etc? 

Such things are never a problem--life happens. :)  All you need to do is send us a message via the Contact Us page of our web site.

Of course include your name--and order number if you have it--and any details about what you need changed.

Even easier is simply send a reply to the order acknowledgment e-mail you received when you placed your order.  

All these things lead straight to my e-mail in-box (to which I dedicate too many hours every day making sure all the important ones are replied to).

The one method of communication that I do ask people to avoid is the private messaging system on the forum. It is okay for some friendly casual chatting, but I decline to conduct sales or product support via the forum messaging system.  (Things get overlooked with the PM system and I have no way to catalog and archive conversations.)

6 minutes ago, cheetah said:

My EtherRegen is quite hot to touch. It is not so hot that one has to lift his fingers immediately. The unit is placed on open area with nothing around to hinder ventilation.  is it normal?

Yes, this is normal. Quoting from the top of page 5 of the User Guide:

Locating the EtherREGEN:

During use, it is normal for the case of the EtherREGEN to become somewhat hot. 48~52C (118~126F), depending on room air temperature is to be expected. Do not be concerned about the heat. Even when hot, all parts are operating at less than half their thermal ratings. The case is the heat-sink. Please locate the EtherREGEN on a shelf where air can flow under and around it. If the heat of the case bothers you, standing it on edge will permit more airflow and will lower the case temperature by a few degrees. Do not stack other devices under or on top of the EtherREGEN.

7 minutes ago, cheetah said:

My EtherRegen is quite hot to touch. It is not so hot that one has to lift his fingers immediately. The unit is placed on open area with nothing around to hinder ventilation.  is it normal?

+1. Apparently it is normal. I had my concern too.

1 hour ago, Superdad said:

If the heat of the case bothers you, standing it on edge will permit more airflow and will lower the case temperature by a few degrees. 

Since I'm using the ER behind my rack and there is so little space there, I've set it on its side and indeed that helps the heat dissipation.  Using an old tube damper underneath which provides further air flow.   

Grimm Audio MU1 > Mola Mola Tambaqui > Mola Mola Kaluga > B&W 803 D3    

Cables:  Kubala-Sosna    Power management:  Shunyata    Room:  Vicoustics  

“Nature is pleased with simplicity.”  Isaac Newton

"As neither the enjoyment nor the capacity of producing musical notes are faculties of the least use to man...they must be ranked among the most mysterious with which he is endowed."  Charles Darwin - The Descent of Man