EtherREGEN: The long development and active launch discussion thread.

There weren’t any malfunctioning boards @Superdad? Don’t know why I thought about this but that could have disappointed some users with high order numbers in batch 1 if you didn’t reserve some ‘spares’. So hope they were all alright! :)

Enjoy your weekend, looks like you’ve deserved it! 😉

On 11/6/2019 at 5:30 PM, Superdad said:

You should try it both ways.  But really, why not put the EtherREGEN near you DAC?  Run that same 35 cable into the EtherREGEN, then a short cable out of it to your DAC.

If I keep the B side to Streamer short (2 feet) the EtherREGEN would be in my rack. I recall earlier in this thread that it was recommended to keep the ER far away from endpoint such as streamer dac etc. Will the ER close by in the tack be an issue? 

25 minutes ago, mem2112 said:

If I keep the B side to Streamer short (2 feet) the EtherREGEN would be in my rack. I recall earlier in this thread that it was recommended to keep the ER far away from endpoint such as streamer dac etc. Will the ER close by in the tack be an issue? 

I see this is your first post here at Audiphile Style.  A big welcome to you! :)

I don’t recall any recommendation to keep the EtherREGEN far from the DAC-attached endpoint. If anything, closer is better, though honestly I really don’t think either will make much difference, as long as the EtherREGEN is the last piece in the chain to the DAC-attached computer/streamer/renderer endpoint (or Ethernet-input DAC).

56 minutes ago, roman410 said:

Ether REGEN just arrived. Looks beautiful! It is quite chili here, will let heat 

up to room temperature before plugging in😉

20191109_115909.jpg

It’s warm now, go to the listening page and let us know your first impressions...thanks!

@Bjorn of Sweden 

"The included detachable 45cm IEC C14 AC mains cord has a USA wall plug. Connect any properly grounded local cord if you reside in a country where a different style of wall plug is used."

So just use any powercable with Schuko connector you have laying around :)

Med vänlig hälsning / Fredrik 

Main system
TAD D1000mk2, TAD M2500mk2, TAD CE-1, Ansuz Mainz 8 C2, Ansuz Darkz D-TC, 
Qobuz Studio -> Roon ROCK on NUC -> Uptone etherREGEN -> dCS Network Bridge -> AES/EBU -> DAC
HD Plex 200W PSU (4 rail for ISP fiber, router, etherREGEN and NUC)

Second system
Qobuz Studio -> Devialet Silver Phantom, Devialet Tree
1 hour ago, Superdad said:

I see this is your first post here at Audiphile Style.  A big welcome to you! :)

I don’t recall any recommendation to keep the EtherREGEN far from the DAC-attached endpoint. If anything, closer is better, though honestly I really don’t think either will make much difference, as long as the EtherREGEN is the last piece in the chain to the DAC-attached computer/streamer/renderer endpoint (or Ethernet-input DAC).

Since it does not answer my question, we must assume that beta testers cannot yet inform.
Frankly for those of us who have been following it from the beginning of this thread, we have endured with patience the successive extensions of dates and we have made a firm request, the fact of not being able to receive information from beta testers today, it begins to be ridiculous  .

2 hours ago, roman410 said:

Ether REGEN just arrived. Looks beautiful! It is quite chili here, will let heat 

up to room temperature before plugging in😉

20191109_115909.jpg

So @roman410 you are the first, now you have the herculean task to listen carefully and write the best unbiased review of your life. There is no pressure but there are approximately hundreds of people awaiting your review. Good luck, may the force be with you soldier. 🖖

🇳🇱
Meitner ma1 v2 dac,  Sovereign preamp and power amp,

DIY speakers with scan speak illuminator drivers.

Under development:

NUC7i7dnbe, Euphony Stylus

EtherRegen, LPS1- Isoregen, Lush^2

2 hours ago, RickyV said:

So @roman410 you are the first, now you have the herculean task to listen carefully and write the best unbiased review of your life. There is no pressure but there are approximately hundreds of people awaiting your review. Good luck, may the force be with you soldier. 🖖

Meanwhile just a word, pleaseeeeeee!!!

Nobody was at the office when mine arrived. Will wait until Tuseday... 😩

AMP: Electrocompaniet ECI-6D; DAC: Oppo 205 (modded); ECI-6D

Streamer/endpoint: Zen MKIII/ultraRendu; Speakers: Proac Tablette Reference 8 Signature; Cables: Speakers (Acoustic Revive) + RCA (au24sx) + RJ45 (Vodka Audioquest) + USB (Diamond Audioquest) + Power (Pangea's + Actinote's) + iR&oM (Neotech 16AWG OCC Silver + DC 4); Filters/reclockers: Jensen VRD- iFF + Pink Faun Isolator + Acoustic Revive RGC-24 + HMS “The Perfect Match” + isoRegen; Switch: etherRegen + opticalModule; Cisco 2960; LPS: Sboosters MKI & MKII (+ ultra) + HDplex 200 + LPS 1.2

What, no YouTube unpacking video?  I’m shocked! 😵

Steve Schaffer

Roon Nucleus/ WD USB Drive / dCS Vivaldi Upsampler  / dCS Vivaldi DAC / dCS Vivaldi Clock / Spectral DMC-30SV preamp / Spectral DMA-500 monoblocks / Wilson Audio Alexia Series 2 speakers / Shunyata Denali - DPC6 - Sigma Ethernet / Synergistic Research Galileo interconnects / Uptone EtherREGEN switch

6 minutes ago, owldiscourse said:

Which thread is this?

UpTone Audio EtherREGEN Listening Impressions

🇳🇱
Meitner ma1 v2 dac,  Sovereign preamp and power amp,

DIY speakers with scan speak illuminator drivers.

Under development:

NUC7i7dnbe, Euphony Stylus

EtherRegen, LPS1- Isoregen, Lush^2

@Superdad thank you so much for getting the first batch shipped out so far ahead of the promised date.  I’m loving what I’m hearing so far!  @JohnSwensonand you have another winner here.

My initial impressions:

Digital:  Innuos Zenith Mk3 > Shunyata Sigma USB > Chord Hugo M-Scaler > Wireworld Gold Startlight > OPTO DX > Shunyata Alpha S/PDIF > Chord Hugo TT2 

Amp & Speakers:  Spectral DMA-150mk2 > Aerial 10T

Foundation: Stillpoints Ultra, Shunyata Denali power conditioner, Shunyata Alpha power cords, Shunyata Alpha interconnect, Shunyata Sigma Ethernet, MIT Matrix HD60 speaker cables, ASC isothermal tube traps

4 hours ago, nonesup said:

Since it does not answer my question, we must assume that beta testers cannot yet inform.
Frankly for those of us who have been following it from the beginning of this thread, we have endured with patience the successive extensions of dates and we have made a firm request, the fact of not being able to receive information from beta testers today, it begins to be ridiculous  .

Not sure where you get that from. Now that first units are being delivered, the beta testers are free to post if they wish.  It is a holiday weekend here in the USA, so some of them may be busy with family, etc.

New thread started:

As I mention at the end of the first post there:

This (the "The long development and active launch discussion thread") can remain the place for all other EtherREGEN miscellaneous talk.  Things like batches, ordering, technical discussions not related to actual use, and just general EtherREGEN-related social chatter among enthusiasts.

6 hours ago, vortecjr said:

Alex/John what are your thoughts in regards to connecting a stock motherboard acting as an endpoint to the clean side to the EtherREGEN? Seems silly to me to do this given the premise of the device to clean up the incoming signal. I would assume that one would instead connect a device that has some consideration given to its network input. As you know motherboards and DACs with network inputs have less than optimal clocking and power supply on these circuits.       

(I have highlighted the part in the text that relates to my question, hope that’s ok)

Is this this true on a Simaudio Moon 280D with mind (Ethernet) card. And what would be the solution in that case?

By the way, is there someone that have ordered from Audiostore UK and paid full amount that has got an indication that there ER is planned to ship?

6 hours ago, Aidagent said:

(I have highlighted the part in the text that relates to my question, hope that’s ok)

Is this this true on a Simaudio Moon 280D with mind (Ethernet) card. And what would be the solution in that case?

By the way, is there someone that have ordered from Audiostore UK and paid full amount that has got an indication that there ER is planned to ship?

I ordered from audiostore and after paying I did not hear from them anymore, but Martin from this shop told me I am in the first batch, so I expect to receive my unit somewhere next week. I assume at the end of next week. I have made some preparations already to install it, including ground.