IGNORED

EtherREGEN: The long development thread. [Some Gen2 dev. pics and update starting on page 92.]

Hi Alex
Today Saturday that the first ER will be received, can beta testers already publish their listening impressions?

Francisco

Aries Cerat Kassandra Ref. MKII / Melco N1ZH60-2 / Audio Research Ref. 5 SE / Gryphon Essence Stereo / Rockport Atria I / Göbel XLR and RCA Cables / Göbel Ethernet and USB Cables / Sablon Ethernet Cabe / MIT Magnum MA Sepeakers Cables / Shunyata Everest 8000 / Shunyata Omega XC (1), Sigma NR V2 (3), Sigma NR V1(1) and Alfa NR V1 (2) / Paul Hynes SR7T for Melco S-100 Pink Faun Upgraded / Farad Super3 for IPS Modem-Router / Center Stage2 0.8, 1.0 and 1.5

On 11/6/2019 at 5:30 PM, Superdad said:

You should try it both ways.  But really, why not put the EtherREGEN near you DAC?  Run that same 35 cable into the EtherREGEN, then a short cable out of it to your DAC.

If I keep the B side to Streamer short (2 feet) the EtherREGEN would be in my rack. I recall earlier in this thread that it was recommended to keep the ER far away from endpoint such as streamer dac etc. Will the ER close by in the tack be an issue? 

25 minutes ago, mem2112 said:

If I keep the B side to Streamer short (2 feet) the EtherREGEN would be in my rack. I recall earlier in this thread that it was recommended to keep the ER far away from endpoint such as streamer dac etc. Will the ER close by in the tack be an issue? 

I see this is your first post here at Audiphile Style.  A big welcome to you! :)

I don’t recall any recommendation to keep the EtherREGEN far from the DAC-attached endpoint. If anything, closer is better, though honestly I really don’t think either will make much difference, as long as the EtherREGEN is the last piece in the chain to the DAC-attached computer/streamer/renderer endpoint (or Ethernet-input DAC).

@Bjorn of Sweden 

"The included detachable 45cm IEC C14 AC mains cord has a USA wall plug. Connect any properly grounded local cord if you reside in a country where a different style of wall plug is used."

So just use any powercable with Schuko connector you have laying around :)

Med vänlig hälsning / Fredrik 

Main system
TAD D1000mk2, TAD M2500mk2, TAD CE-1, Ansuz Mainz 8 C2, Ansuz Darkz D-TC, 
Qobuz Studio -> Roon ROCK on NUC -> Uptone etherREGEN -> dCS Network Bridge -> AES/EBU -> DAC
HD Plex 200W PSU (4 rail for ISP fiber, router, etherREGEN and NUC)

Second system
Qobuz Studio -> Devialet Silver Phantom, Devialet Tree
1 hour ago, Superdad said:

I see this is your first post here at Audiphile Style.  A big welcome to you! :)

I don’t recall any recommendation to keep the EtherREGEN far from the DAC-attached endpoint. If anything, closer is better, though honestly I really don’t think either will make much difference, as long as the EtherREGEN is the last piece in the chain to the DAC-attached computer/streamer/renderer endpoint (or Ethernet-input DAC).

Since it does not answer my question, we must assume that beta testers cannot yet inform.
Frankly for those of us who have been following it from the beginning of this thread, we have endured with patience the successive extensions of dates and we have made a firm request, the fact of not being able to receive information from beta testers today, it begins to be ridiculous  .

Francisco

Aries Cerat Kassandra Ref. MKII / Melco N1ZH60-2 / Audio Research Ref. 5 SE / Gryphon Essence Stereo / Rockport Atria I / Göbel XLR and RCA Cables / Göbel Ethernet and USB Cables / Sablon Ethernet Cabe / MIT Magnum MA Sepeakers Cables / Shunyata Everest 8000 / Shunyata Omega XC (1), Sigma NR V2 (3), Sigma NR V1(1) and Alfa NR V1 (2) / Paul Hynes SR7T for Melco S-100 Pink Faun Upgraded / Farad Super3 for IPS Modem-Router / Center Stage2 0.8, 1.0 and 1.5

2 hours ago, roman410 said:

Ether REGEN just arrived. Looks beautiful! It is quite chili here, will let heat 

up to room temperature before plugging in😉

20191109_115909.jpg

So @roman410 you are the first, now you have the herculean task to listen carefully and write the best unbiased review of your life. There is no pressure but there are approximately hundreds of people awaiting your review. Good luck, may the force be with you soldier. 🖖

Meitner ma1 v2 dac,  Sovereign preamp and power amp,

DIY speakers, scan speak illuminator.

Raal Requisite VM-1a -> SR-1a with Accurate Sound convolution.

Under development:

NUC7i7dnbe, Euphony Stylus, Qobuz.

Modded Buffalo-fiber-EtherRegen, DC3- Isoregen, Lush^2

2 hours ago, RickyV said:

So @roman410 you are the first, now you have the herculean task to listen carefully and write the best unbiased review of your life. There is no pressure but there are approximately hundreds of people awaiting your review. Good luck, may the force be with you soldier. 🖖

Meanwhile just a word, pleaseeeeeee!!!

Nobody was at the office when mine arrived. Will wait until Tuseday... 😩

Jensen VRD-iFF>Router>Rj45>opticalModule>
SFP>Buffalo2016>SFP>opticalModule >Rj45>

IZen Mk3>Rj45> Delock62619>Rj45>
etherRegen (Master Clock+ Mini-Circuits BLP)>SFP>opticalRendu>USB>IsoRegen>

USB>Phoenix>USB>OPPO 205 (Modded)>HMS “the Perfect Match”>Proac Tablette Reference 8 Signature.

What, no YouTube unpacking video?  I’m shocked! 😵

Steve Schaffer

Grimm MU1 / dCS Vivaldi Upsampler - APEX DAC - Clock / Spectral DMC-30SV preamp / Spectral Anniversary monoblocks / Wilson Audio Alexia V /  Wilson Lōkē subs / Shunyata Everest / Shunyata Omega interconnects, power cables, Ethernet / Shunyata Altaira / Uptone EtherREGEN switch / Cybershaft OP21A-D / Uptone JS2 LPS / HRS racks - Vortex footers - damping plates

29 minutes ago, soares said:

Meanwhile just a word, pleaseeeeeee!!!

Nobody was at the office when mine arrived. Will wait until Thursday... 😩

Sorry about that, I can feel your pain.

Hope my words do not let you feel worse, but I can say  just it is... Stunning!

NUC7i7DNBE Akasa Plato fanless case(Windows 10 Pro bridged,LMS)>Cisco WS-C2960G-8TC-L> 2x Buffalo BS-GS2016>Buffalo BS-GS2008>Uptone EtherRegen>BG7TBL master clock>Sonore MicroRendu 1.4>Singxer F-1>Wyred 4 Sound Remedy>Lite DAC60>Schiit Audio Mjolnir 2>Hifiman HE1000

6 minutes ago, owldiscourse said:

Which thread is this?

UpTone Audio EtherREGEN Listening Impressions

Meitner ma1 v2 dac,  Sovereign preamp and power amp,

DIY speakers, scan speak illuminator.

Raal Requisite VM-1a -> SR-1a with Accurate Sound convolution.

Under development:

NUC7i7dnbe, Euphony Stylus, Qobuz.

Modded Buffalo-fiber-EtherRegen, DC3- Isoregen, Lush^2

@Superdad thank you so much for getting the first batch shipped out so far ahead of the promised date.  I’m loving what I’m hearing so far!  @JohnSwensonand you have another winner here.

My initial impressions:

Digital:  Sonore opticalModule > Uptone EtherRegen > Shunyata Sigma Ethernet > Antipodes K30 > Shunyata Omega USB > Gustard X26pro DAC < Mutec REF10 SE120

Amp & Speakers:  Spectral DMA-150mk2 > Aerial 10T

Foundation: Stillpoints Ultra, Shunyata Denali v1 and Typhon x1 power conditioners, Shunyata Delta v2 and QSA Lanedri Gamma Revelation and Infinity power cords, QSA Lanedri Gamma Revelation XLR interconnect, Shunyata Sigma Ethernet, MIT Matrix HD 60 speaker cables, GIK bass traps, ASC Isothermal tube traps, Stillpoints Aperture panels, Quadraspire SVT rack, PGGB 256

4 hours ago, nonesup said:

Since it does not answer my question, we must assume that beta testers cannot yet inform.
Frankly for those of us who have been following it from the beginning of this thread, we have endured with patience the successive extensions of dates and we have made a firm request, the fact of not being able to receive information from beta testers today, it begins to be ridiculous  .

Not sure where you get that from. Now that first units are being delivered, the beta testers are free to post if they wish.  It is a holiday weekend here in the USA, so some of them may be busy with family, etc.

New thread started:

As I mention at the end of the first post there:

This (the "The long development and active launch discussion thread") can remain the place for all other EtherREGEN miscellaneous talk.  Things like batches, ordering, technical discussions not related to actual use, and just general EtherREGEN-related social chatter among enthusiasts.

6 hours ago, vortecjr said:

Alex/John what are your thoughts in regards to connecting a stock motherboard acting as an endpoint to the clean side to the EtherREGEN? Seems silly to me to do this given the premise of the device to clean up the incoming signal. I would assume that one would instead connect a device that has some consideration given to its network input. As you know motherboards and DACs with network inputs have less than optimal clocking and power supply on these circuits.       

(I have highlighted the part in the text that relates to my question, hope that’s ok)

Is this this true on a Simaudio Moon 280D with mind (Ethernet) card. And what would be the solution in that case?

By the way, is there someone that have ordered from Audiostore UK and paid full amount that has got an indication that there ER is planned to ship?

6 hours ago, Aidagent said:

(I have highlighted the part in the text that relates to my question, hope that’s ok)

Is this this true on a Simaudio Moon 280D with mind (Ethernet) card. And what would be the solution in that case?

By the way, is there someone that have ordered from Audiostore UK and paid full amount that has got an indication that there ER is planned to ship?

I ordered from audiostore and after paying I did not hear from them anymore, but Martin from this shop told me I am in the first batch, so I expect to receive my unit somewhere next week. I assume at the end of next week. I have made some preparations already to install it, including ground.