IGNORED

EtherREGEN: The long development thread. [Some Gen2 dev. pics and update starting on page 92.]

6 hours ago, Bones13 said:

Getting serious now! Way to go guys, can I be first on the pre-pre-order list???

Thanks very much for your enthusiasm, support, and patience!

We are not yet taking pre-orders for the EtherREGEN.  What we do for launches is notify everyone via our mailing list (which you are on if you ever bought anything from us) and via our forum—a few days before, when the product page is up but the “AddToCart” button is not shown.  We do not take orders until we know the exact date we plan to ship (that's once we have dates from our PCB and aluminum case companies.)

We tell in the e-mail the date and time (always 9:00 a.m. PST, usually a Tuesday) that order taking will begin, and right at 9:00 orders pour in.  People set their alarms to get their orders in because the first run (150-250 depending upon my expectation for launch) often sell out in the first hour.

This is really the only manageable way for us to do these launches. No pre-pre-order lists, no capes... x-D

2 hours ago, Superdad said:

always 9:00 a.m. PST, usually a Tuesday

Sorry Alex but PST isn't going to work for me. I can just about cope with EST due to the pesky New York types I deal with. But I'd prefer GMT, or real time as we call it here in the centre of the known universe!

Whilst we're at it I'm not crazy about Tuesdays.....😋

Cheers,

Alan

Synergistic Research Powercell UEF SE > Sonore OpticalModule (LPS-1.2 & DXP-1A5DSC) > EtherRegen (SR4T & DXP-1A5DSC) > (Sablon 2020 LAN) Innuos PhoenixNet > Muon Streaming System > Grimm Audio MU1 server > (Sablon AES) Mola Mola Tambaqui DAC > PS Audio M1200 monoblocks > Salk Sound Supercharged Songtowers

Ha! I was thinking the same thing...  GMT is OK; alternatively, do you (your State) avail yourself to daylight savings time?

Assuming a pre-sale occurrence before October, are you on PST or PDT?

And, great news, on you/your team overcoming one more hurdle on the way to getting an Ether REGEN into my system.

Who would have thought Idiocracy would turn out to be a documentary!?

Mapleshade Samson V.5 equipment rack, 4" maple platforms and brass vibration isolation, DH Labs 12ga Silver Sonic Power Plus dedicated power line, IsoTek Sirius EVO3 Power Conditioner, EtherREGEN, InSound Audio Ebony Cat8 Ethernet Cable, Linn Genki CD player (transport), Cary DMS-550 streamer/DAC, Linear Tube Audio Z10e amplifier, (For Sale:) Pass Labs HPA-1 amplifier, Meze Empyrian headphones, various Omega-Micro analog and digital interconnects and power cords. 

26 minutes ago, lmitche said:

Only through an accident of geography!

Accident of geography, providence, who's to say. All we know is that we're better than you!

(I'd better make it clear that's a joke in these Brexit/Trump days of intolerance)

Alex all I'm saying is SoTM are on KST which is 16 hours ahead of PST! Uh huh. Food for thought....

😘

Synergistic Research Powercell UEF SE > Sonore OpticalModule (LPS-1.2 & DXP-1A5DSC) > EtherRegen (SR4T & DXP-1A5DSC) > (Sablon 2020 LAN) Innuos PhoenixNet > Muon Streaming System > Grimm Audio MU1 server > (Sablon AES) Mola Mola Tambaqui DAC > PS Audio M1200 monoblocks > Salk Sound Supercharged Songtowers

3 hours ago, Superdad said:

Thanks very much for your enthusiasm, support, and patience!

We are not yet taking pre-orders for the EtherREGEN.  What we do for launches is notify everyone via our mailing list (which you are on if you ever bought anything from us) and via our forum—a few days before, when the product page is up but the “AddToCart” button is not shown.  We do not take orders until we know the exact date we plan to ship (that's once we have dates from our PCB and aluminum case companies.)

We tell in the e-mail the date and time (always 9:00 a.m. PST, usually a Tuesday) that order taking will begin, and right at 9:00 orders pour in.  People set their alarms to get their orders in because the first run (150-250 depending upon my expectation for launch) often sell out in the first hour.

This is really the only manageable way for us to do these launches. No pre-pre-order lists, no capes... x-D

Yes, I did read the rules earlier on this thread, could not help asking for the PRE-pre-order list though. I should be on the list though, so maybe I will notice the notice in time, when it does occur.  - Thanks

[Home Digital] MSB Premier DAC > Modright LS300 > Atma-Sphere "Class D" Monoblocks > Daedalus Audio Muse Studio Speakers

[Home Analog] Technics SL-1200G > Boulder 508 (Benz Glider SL)

[Office] Laptop > Kitsune R2R lvl3 > Violectric V281 > Meze Liric / Meze Elite

[Travel] Laptop/iPad -> Focal Bathys

Relax guys.  You know we will do our best to accommodate everyone.

I've been thinking about making the first run 250 units, but that would be pushing towards $100K cash in advance to our suppliers.  (Remember, while our customers pay at the time of order, I refuse to take anyone's money until boards and cases are fully in production.) While we could swing it, it's still a mighty big bet. B|

25 minutes ago, Superdad said:

I refuse to take anyone's money until boards and cases are fully in production

Well, you could make a list in order to know the demand, and based on that adjust the the numbers in the first run. 

And many of your potential  customers has actually already paid the double of your price in another product that may be up to two months delayed. And no one has complained. And the 250 available is already sold out. 

So I think several of us will happily pay you half or full price knowing it in worst case it cold take up to 8 to 12 weeks before delivery. 

Please reconsider taking our money up front, so everybody that like to have one, will have the opportunity with the first production run. 

At least a list with a minor prepayment, so you have a very good estimation. 

Even electrical car manufacturers do that these days.

(Deposits can be refunded)

7 minutes ago, R1200CL said:

Please reconsider taking our money up front, so everybody that like to have one, will have the opportunity with the first production run. 

At least a list with a minor prepayment, so you have a very good estimation. 

I will be definitely be in for this!

54 minutes ago, Superdad said:

Relax guys.  You know we will do our best to accommodate everyone.

I've been thinking about making the first run 250 units, but that would be pushing towards $100K cash in advance to our suppliers...

I am in full agreement; to many of us, what is good for you is good for us.  Those who think otherwise don't have to send you any money!   I'd be happy to send $$ based on:

You can send us $400 as partial payment for one example of the EtherREGEN, from our first production run.  We will send you a bill/email when we are nearing a point where we are ready to ship.  Although a target price, to which we will try to adhere, has been mentioned several times, we make no guarantee as to what the final price will be.   You know we are doing our best to get a quality product into production, but we offer no guarantee as to when that will be either.  Thank you for your interest in our product; and, if you send us a deposit we will gladly refund it at any time should you so desire.

Edit:

Superdad, I wrote this as you were posting.  Whatever works for you works for us!  I can see the efficiency of: you send us the entire amount and we'll ship you our product.

Mapleshade Samson V.5 equipment rack, 4" maple platforms and brass vibration isolation, DH Labs 12ga Silver Sonic Power Plus dedicated power line, IsoTek Sirius EVO3 Power Conditioner, EtherREGEN, InSound Audio Ebony Cat8 Ethernet Cable, Linn Genki CD player (transport), Cary DMS-550 streamer/DAC, Linear Tube Audio Z10e amplifier, (For Sale:) Pass Labs HPA-1 amplifier, Meze Empyrian headphones, various Omega-Micro analog and digital interconnects and power cords. 

1 minute ago, DelsFan said:

I am in full agreement; to many of us, what is good for you is good for us.  Those who think otherwise don't have to send you any money!   I'd be happy to send $$ based on:

Again, it is a lovely sentiment and we are truly flattered.  And your example pitch is even in my own writing style. 9_9

Would you like to come work for us to manage all the logistics of it?  x-D

I think what people don't consider is the accounting and order-taking back-end to all this. And there are even legal ramifications to taking partial deposits in inter-state and international commerce.

Sorry my response above was meant to be to the general enthusiasm for the product, not to the notion of taking money to get on some list. Count me as someone dying to hear the etherRegen but more than willing to let the timing play out as it will... Zen and the Art of the New Product Cycle.

Do folks on your newsletter list receive the early notice of the day the website will accept order?  This would be my first purchase from UpTone.  

Grimm Audio MU1 > Mola Mola Tambaqui > Mola Mola Kaluga > B&W 803 D3    

Cables:  Kubala-Sosna    Power management:  Shunyata    Room:  Vicoustics  

“Nature is pleased with simplicity.”  Isaac Newton

"As neither the enjoyment nor the capacity of producing musical notes are faculties of the least use to man...they must be ranked among the most mysterious with which he is endowed."  Charles Darwin - The Descent of Man

On 4/18/2019 at 7:27 PM, PYP said:

Do folks on your newsletter list receive the early notice of the day the website will accept order?

Yes indeed!  So please sign up. 

But don’t worry about receiving lots of emails from us.  New product launches are about the only time we ever send any “newsletters” to our mailing list. (We are just always too busy to do any promotional marketing. Plus I know that nobody enjoys receiving lots of emails, so I refrain from it until we have new products to offer.)

Thanks,

—Alex C.

Please count me in for a unit. And good luck with putting it into production.

Main: sonicTransporter I5>etherRegen>opticalRendu/ghent/UltraCap 1.2> WireWorld Platinum>YGGY Atma-sphere MP-1 3.1> Hegel 30> Maggie 1.7, REL SE 212: Zero Autoformers, Interconnects , Analysis Plus Silver Oval-In, Nordost Heimdall, Power Cables: Synergistic./Shunyata>Chang Litespeed 

HT:Dish>OPPO>Marantz>Hegel> 3-Maggies/2-Quads>REL Gibraltar>Custom Wire loom>APS>Samsung Plasma 55"

Sadly I'm not a networking person, so I have a question.  I use my iPad as a "remote control" for my DMS-500 Streamer - the iPad communicates with the Streamer via the wireless network.  I was hoping to isolate "everything" from the Streamer (to the extent of: I considered a "dedicated" internet supply with its own modem that serviced nothing but the Streamer) but it seems that isn't possible.

However, it seems I need to utilize the wireless network in order to use the Streamer (with the iPad, because using the Streamer's remote is cumbersome).  Will the EtherREGEN, used as shown in the diagram below, allow the wireless router (and the iPad) to talk to the Streamer?  I guess my question is: will the wireless router allow communication back "out" through its Ethernet "In" port?  Thanks very much for your assistance; if I need to go another direction I might as well start thinking about it now! 

I guess plan B would be to place the wireless router between the Modem and the EtherREGEN ?  Coming from an analog background, my instinct is to keep everything possible out of the path between the Modem and the Streamer!  Thus the layout shown in the diagram below, where the path from the box on the side of my house to the Streamer is as direct as possible.

Schematic

3 minutes ago, Superdad said:

...Well I suppose I could have given a shorter answer to your question.  But hey, it's Saturday afternoon and I am procrastinating a tedious accounting/tax project. :S

Hope everyone is having a lovely weekend,

--Alex C.

Gosh, we really are on the same wavelength.  This is the first year ever I've filed for an extension (for personal taxes) and my wife thinks I should be finishing up our return and getting it behind us.  Alternatively, I "need" to know how I am going to utilize a product that won't be delivered to my house for a least a month or two!

28 minutes ago, Superdad said:

He said it was easily the most ambitious board he has ever placed with his pick'n'place machine (https://youtu.be/HbDLiXil6os ; the board in the video is not this one), as there are at least a couple hundred parts on it.

Watching the video, I thought two people who must have infinite patience are John and that machine's designer.

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.