IGNORED

EtherREGEN: The long development thread. [Some Gen2 dev. pics and update starting on page 92.]

On 7/20/2019 at 9:46 AM, Superdad said:

The EtherREGEN will be as effective in either direction.  So what you propose will work great.  It is why we went to the extra trouble and expense of making all the clocking, data, and power networks symmetrical on both sides of the moat.

Hi Alex,

Thanks for being so informative, the EtherRegen is keen product for sure. As the ER is designed symmetrical, I’m wondering: When connecting the ER between Server, Endpoint and switch/NAS, a double moat crossing can be achieved. Would this be beneficial? (Double treatment??)

Reason I ask: SOtM and Paul Pang claim a double box or dual switch respectively increases SQ. Perhaps a similar effect can be achieved within one ER, thanks to the symmetrical design (or am I just talking complete rubbish? 😉 )

2 hours ago, JohnSwenson said:

The audio Endpoint should be on the opposite side from anything else. The way you have it here is probably the worst possible way to hook things up. The Endpoint is now susceptible to both leakage and clock effects from the NAS and external network.

The "two switch" approach espoused by other companies exists because they do not have leakage and clock isolation technology in the EtherREGEN. There is NO NEED for the double switch approach with the EtherREGEN.

John S.

Thanks John, Endpoint on opposite of the rest, appreciated and all clear!

• Superdad changed the title to EtherREGEN: We are in final beta; About to enter production!
  • 1 month later...