IGNORED

EtherREGEN: The long development thread. [Some Gen2 dev. pics and update starting on page 92.]

3 minutes ago, Superdad said:

Your constructive input is always welcome.  :)

I'll just say that I've been in audio manufacturing long enough to state that customizations and changes are never efficient and lead to loss of profitability.  Which eventually leads to higher prices and slow down in delivery.

Thanks Superdad,

Paul Hynes SR7 comes my to mind in that aspect. Perhaps I was thinking more the iPhone Xs, XsMax and XR options but that also doesn't exist in the audiophile world haha.

Good luck with the Feb launch! ?

• Superdad changed the title to EtherREGEN: Early general details [We are late but getting closer! ;-)]
  • Superdad pinned this topic
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, lxgreen said:

Why can’t you use the EtherRegen optical out directly to the optical Rendu or optical port of the optical Signature RenduSE. Then no need for an optical module or FMC.

You can do, but that would be a path that would under-utilise EtherRegen’s killer feature.

The best scenario I can think of is connecting the SFP to an existing optical network, and utilising the super duper single clean port for the endpoint that is connected to the DAC. @thyname is correct to say there is no “dirty” side, so I hope my statements don’t confuse things further.

• Superdad changed the title to EtherREGEN: We are in final beta; About to enter production!
11 minutes ago, dminches said:

Alex, are you saying this is the preferred approach with only cooper Ethernet?

Only in the situation if both server and endpoint are both powered by JS-2, as what was discussed directly above your post. If they are not galvanically isolated between the pair, at least they are isolated from the more harmful network side (router, Wi-fi mesh, general PCs, etc).

If you require more network devices connected in your music room than the etherREGEN allows, then I hope you find out your best compromise (E.g. additional ground box etc). If it’s just only your audio server, linear PS, etherREGEN and Naim in your dedicated music room, then better that network switch is plugged another place, and ADIM will handle the rest.

Sorry I can’t say more, since others will prefer to read more ER related news/updates.. :/

• 2 months later...