IGNORED

EtherREGEN: The long development thread. [Some Gen2 dev. pics and update starting on page 92.]

Hey Alex, off thread question (since this thread seems to have mostly run its course for now, perhaps the off topic question is OK), I have an excess LPS-1 here, that is being replaced with LPS-1.2.

It seems that the EtherRegen may not benefit from an upgraded LPS.  Therefore, I no longer have a place for my  LPS-1.  Before I put the LPS-1 up for sale, are you at liberty to say whether there might be some other upcoming Uptone products in the pipeline where the LPS-1 could be used?  If so, I'll keep the LPS-1 rather than sell it.

I am not asking for any details of any upcoming device, simply if any upcoming device will benefit from a quality LPS and if so, if the LPS-1 could be used to power such device? 

Speaker Room: Lumin U1X | Lampizator Pacific 2 | Viva Linea | Constellation Inspiration Stereo 1.0 | FinkTeam Kim | dual Rythmik E15HP subs  

Office Headphone System: Lumin U1X | Lampizator Golden Gate 3 | Viva Egoista | Abyss AB1266 Phi TC 

2 hours ago, Superdad said:

Sorry Tommy, we can't do that.  

a) It goes completely against my business ethics to accept money in advance for a product that does not yet have production PCBs and cases in production with firm delivery dates;

But Alex, this model worked out so well for Larry Ho/LH Labs (take money, deliver nothing)!   Think of all the stuff you could buy.

Unfortunately this model did not work so well for consumers.  I miss my $3,000.  That could have paid for 5 season ski passes :(  

Speaker Room: Lumin U1X | Lampizator Pacific 2 | Viva Linea | Constellation Inspiration Stereo 1.0 | FinkTeam Kim | dual Rythmik E15HP subs  

Office Headphone System: Lumin U1X | Lampizator Golden Gate 3 | Viva Egoista | Abyss AB1266 Phi TC 

15 hours ago, JohnSwenson said:

The purpose of this switch is that it attenuates both leakage and clocking issues by such a large amount that there is no audible influence from anything upstream of the switch, period.

That would be terrific.  Chris would also be happy because there will be lots of upstream gear and related accessories for sale on Superphonica if the Etheregen accomplishes this goal!

11 minutes ago, barrows said:

Of course there will still be those who "hear" differences when they use a ridiculously expensive "audiophile" server on the upstream side (hahaha).  

If I owned an expensive server I would think about selling now, before the used market value tanks.

• Superdad pinned this topic
  • 3 weeks later...
16 hours ago, Superdad said:

Aside from there being many types (some are much better than others, and what you follow them with matters a lot as well), I can tell you that NOBODY else is currently using digital isolators on Ethernet signal lines.  There are reasons for that ('cause its not easy), but now I definitely will stop short of further elaboration9_9

Yes, on the one hand I (selfishly) love how open you are in sharing info with your customers and members of this forum. 

On the other hand, if I am being honest, I sometimes feel like a nervous mother hen, worried that you might tip off competitors too soon  ?

I have no doubt your competitors will be buying and then dissecting the EtherRegen immediately after its release in order to develop competing products (that cost more... cough, cough), but make those folks wait! 

Written with "smiley face" intent.

• Superdad changed the title to EtherREGEN: We are getting much closer!!
  • 2 months later...
On 9/17/2019 at 2:58 PM, Pinkfaunrookie said:

Lolz..us europeans are getting discriminated...whahahaha i have a nice Pink Faun streamer who volunteered to be a test mule also..with some Blue Circle Audio goodness..poor us...hehehehe

Good to see a fellow Blue Circle Audio fan.  Unfortunate that Gilbert semi-retired, as he was one of the most talented and, possibly the most creative audio designers I've ever encountered.  

The EtherRegen will be worth the wait. 

• Superdad changed the title to EtherREGEN: We are in final beta; About to enter production!
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I understand the goal is that physical components upstream of the ER should matter less or not matter at all (cables, exotic power supplies, etc).   

However, I am curious whether music player/OS software upstream of the ER will still matter to the same degree it does now, for example, Audirvana, Euphony, Roon, etc. or Tidal vs Qobuz, etc.  

My hunch is that software will still matter, but will it be to the same degree as now?  Will software changes be more obvious or less obvious in terms of improving sound quality?  I look forward to experimenting myself as well as reading reports of others.    

27 minutes ago, Iving said:

To be clear we are talking about Tubelover2 aka rb2013 - I think there is another "Tubelover" here.

Rob/Bob was a great audiophile pioneer/contributor and is greatly missed.

Thanks for the clarification, yes, there is a Tubelover here, different person and I thought he was the one referenced.  But I am also very familiar with Rob (rb2013) and his contributions.  In fact I have a quad of the '75 Reflektor SWGP "Holy Grail" tubes as a result of his reports.  Sorry to hear of this.

19 hours ago, HumanMedia said:

Trying hard to wait patiently for the second batch next month............

Congrats early shippers.

Beta testers, unleash the reviews!

Yes, please bring on the reviews.

And you think it is tough being a second-batcher?  Try being a lowly third-batcher!