IGNORED

EtherREGEN: The long development thread. [Some Gen2 dev. pics and update starting on page 92.]

• 2 weeks later...
19 minutes ago, Celts88 said:

@JohnSwenson 

In laymans terms is it essentially you can't properly hear the 0's & 1's for the other noise contamination?

As a side question, I have an Antipodes CX Music Server (will be getting it next month), and this will feed my Devialet 1000Pro. The Devialet can (now) access Spotify / Airplay / etc. direct via the internet, therefore if I was only going to use the 'Super Clean' port of the new EtherRegen (when it comes out) connected to my equipment, which one would you recommend?

Thanks

John

The "super clean" port connects to your streamer (Devialet). 

ChrisG

Bend, OR

8 hours ago, Celts88 said:

If my music server contained all of my music files then would agree, but 1/2 of the music is stored on my NAS in my study, therefore my thinking behind using the clean port for the music server was to ensure no potential 'noise' getting into the files from my NAS. On the other hand I do realise that as my Devialet can now play Spotify, Airplay, etc. then for it to use the clean port would assist with keeping that data clean.

Appreciate the other answer is "wait until the EtherRegen is out at try either set-up", but was looking for advice form the knowledge people on here.

Thanks

John

This is an interesting thought...

While I understand the concept of this switch -- in effect, creating a firewall that blocks all noise from the LAN to streamer -- if this noise is, and has been, present on our networks all this time and we rip files or download files to a NAS or drive somewhere on the network, is this noise now a part of the file itself?  

ChrisG

Bend, OR

• Superdad changed the title to EtherREGEN: We are in final beta; About to enter production!
  • Superdad locked this topic
  • Superdad unlocked this topic
  • Superdad pinned this topic
On 10/2/2019 at 4:27 PM, EVOLVIST said:

Yeah, that's good. I'd like to hear your impressions. I'll be sure to give mine. 

My Linn KDS/3 isn't a Roon endpoint, so I have to go from a SonicTransporter, into my router, and then into the Linn ]. So, the etherREGEN should sit between my router and my Linn. I guess it's the same difference between going from the wall straight yo your DAC, because if the etherREGEN works like it's supposed to to, it will cure any ills that comes before your DAC/Streamer, yeah?

Yeah. :)

Not sure what you mean by the KDS not being a Roon endpoint. While it is true that you can't group Linn DS units with other Roon endpoints, it should show up in Roon as a Roon Ready device. I know my KDSM does, and I was an Alpha tester when Roon & Linn were working out the kinks. 

ChrisG

Bend, OR