IGNORED

EtherREGEN: The long development thread. [Some Gen2 dev. pics and update starting on page 92.]

2 hours ago, Superdad said:

Laying down and sleeping is the worst.  I’m really trying to avoid the opioids, so I’m trying a few shots of a nice bourbon my wife got me. Also trying the couch tonight (firmer than the bed)—which will give my wife a break both from my pain yelps and my snoring. :o

Still I expect it to be a long night. 

I do have news to share about EtherREGEN. Will try to get to that tomorrow. 

Thanks all,

ALEX

P.S. Here’s two pics from our Eastern Sierra trip the day before my bike accident:

Rainbow Falls and Devil’s Postpile National Monument. 

2752D857-088E-4F18-8E21-AFE676D8AB21.thumb.jpeg.68961ec9d2b03517858b0eb75216bff1.jpeg

E5139F6A-1D0C-45AA-B21F-526DA6CA3C30.thumb.jpeg.a6007acea41f05df0cfea348e00c41e0.jpeg

I broke a couple of ribs a few years ago. Not fun. Whatever you do, don't sneeze or cough- ouch!

After 3-4 days you should feel improvement, and after a week it will be much better. Takes about 3 weeks to really feel almost gone, though. 

Can you imagine that American football players play in games and get hit with the same injury? Yes, I know they wear padding, but believe me, if you get hit, it hurt like a b****.  Much less that just moving with broken ribs hurts.

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

• Superdad changed the title to EtherREGEN: We are in final beta; About to enter production!
10 minutes ago, Bernstein said:

Some KII folks looking for the last % :):) :) 

If Baconbrain gets one and says it improves SQ into the Kii Control, I'll be impressed. The USB input of the Control has, for me at least, sounded pretty much the same with various USB sources. Differences for me are very small if there are any at all. 

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

3 hours ago, Superdad said:

So the DACs-and-everything-else-sounds-the-same folks over at the ASR forum are already poking fun:

x-D

https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/uptone-etherregen.9260/#post-242009

"there is absolutely absolutely zero justification for fancy ethernet switches or "power conditioning" w/rt audio
...anyone who tells you otherwise is lying to you"

Funny, they must think that we spent nearly two years--and a lot of $$--designing this expensive-to-produce switch simply as a money-grab. I can think of a lot of easier ways to make money! Remember too, we sell our products with a 30-day, money-back guarantee.  So the risk is more ours...B|

Basically, their claim is that there are no measurements to show improved output at the DAC end for any of these USB or ethernet clean up products: in other words, that all of this noise reduction doesn’t actually make any difference in the analog output at the DAC end. That if these products really make a difference, it would show up in the analog output.