IGNORED

EtherREGEN: The long development thread. [Some Gen2 dev. pics and update starting on page 92.]

• Superdad changed the title to EtherREGEN: We are in final beta; About to enter production!
  • 2 weeks later...

Without technical knowledge I have tried to find an answer in the question if USB or Ethernet connection is the best way to go SQ wise. I understand that it’s a very complex question with a lot of parameters to consider. Maby Etherregen will be a new parameter in that debate.

I have a dac that can do both connections. Lately I have tested some software optimisations that really makes a difference in USB connection. But right or wrong my hope is that Ethernet in the future would be the preferred way to go.

I don’t want to take this thread in the wrong direction. Maby someone can point me to a good source in the matter?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I’m to waiting for my device from the dealer in UK. Very exciting times indeed.

I’m glad and proud to have learned that there is a dealer here in Sweden. Sometimes it feels like this is a desert when it comes to people interested in this kind of products. I’m grateful that there is hero’s prepared to sell products with less profit. At the same time I understand the other dealers who need more profit to make there business go around.

I have no deep technical understanding, but a feeling that this is exiting times. I hope that innovations like ER will open up beautiful music experience without have to pay the enormous amount that many great audio gear costs today.

I wish I was technically skilled so I could feed my Dac with external power like UpTone LPS instead of the power supply built in the device. Maby that could be a way to take it to higher levels without buying another one. I like the thought to better things I already own. Clean power and signal is as I understand it the the way to go.

Its not my intention to go of topic. If someone knows a thread or forum that cover power modifications on DACs I would be grateful for tips.

I wish us all wonderful experiences with ER.

6 hours ago, vortecjr said:

Alex/John what are your thoughts in regards to connecting a stock motherboard acting as an endpoint to the clean side to the EtherREGEN? Seems silly to me to do this given the premise of the device to clean up the incoming signal. I would assume that one would instead connect a device that has some consideration given to its network input. As you know motherboards and DACs with network inputs have less than optimal clocking and power supply on these circuits.       

(I have highlighted the part in the text that relates to my question, hope that’s ok)

Is this this true on a Simaudio Moon 280D with mind (Ethernet) card. And what would be the solution in that case?

By the way, is there someone that have ordered from Audiostore UK and paid full amount that has got an indication that there ER is planned to ship?

I can officially announce that DHL are in to the mental torture business. Tuesday I got an email from Martin at Audiostore UK with tracking number. My device was scheduled to arrive Friday, painfully far away in time from Tuesday.

Thursday when I went to bed the tracking showed as announced that it then was I Denmark which was logical and close to Sweden. but when I woke up Friday morning it showed that the package was in Budapest which is far from. And after that made a trip to Austria which is the latest information when it’s now Saturday morning here in Sweden.

I have never experienced something like this DHL is clearly in cooperation with the devil 👿

9055B6BD-BC3D-4BDC-90EE-3E1D2D644696.jpeg

47 minutes ago, octaviars said:

That is strange my etherREGEN came to Stockholm yesterday and is on the way to Skåne. Delivery on Monday.

Interesting that it’s faster direct from US to Sweden than UK to Sweden. But I think that something went wrong with DHL in my case. Apparently my package is travelling with truck, not by air.

I hope that they haven’t messed up completely and lost my package. Then I will have to wait several months in line for another one. It would be costly for the healthcare because they will have to hospitalise me for mental reasons 🤪