IGNORED

EtherREGEN: The long development thread. [Some Gen2 dev. pics and update starting on page 92.]

I've made my choice for a 75 Ohm connection for my sMS-200 Ultra based on this article:

http://cablesondemandblog.com/wordpress1/2014/03/06/whats-the-difference-between-50-ohm-and-75-ohm-coaxial-cable/

I also think that given the high-frequency harmonic content in the square wave signal of the REF-10,  75 Ohm is a better choice. This is an opinion I've formed over time, while I don't remember the scientific reasoning that led me to this conclusion.

I would gladly hear someone's opinion who's far more knowledgeable than me on this.

• Superdad pinned this topic
  • 1 month later...

I think that for most people, it would be easier to have all the connections on one side. All ethernet/SFP ports and power on the same side.

Personally I wouldn't mind paying extra in order to have a practical product. After all it will probably be THE switch that will say a long time in the chain.

6 hours ago, Em2016 said:

This is a switch and that's normally/practically how they always are though.

datasheet_C78-582017_0.thumb.jpg.695634f24f38a2c423fb34295ca89c7d.jpg

My post was a reaction to the post of superdad above and not because I don't know what nun-of-the-mill switch looks like 🙂

Just to be clear, I would prefer a case a tad bigger than an LPS-1.2 case. This would allow to have all the connections on one side.

• Superdad changed the title to EtherREGEN: Early general details [We are late but getting closer! ;-)]
  • 4 months later...
5 hours ago, Ricardo007 said:

Two questions to Alex Super Duper DAD (like me):

you have etherregen in your system (soon hopefully) but you want to upgrade your router (the next frontier...)

high end routers have features like:

- 10Gb SFP+ ports: can this be used in association with Etherregen and how? what benefits if any...

- link aggregation of 2 rj45 ports doubling transmission speed: is Etherregen compatible with this?

Richard

I'm not Superdad, but let me answer the question anyway.

SFP is more than for audo. My main switch has two SFP and SFP+ ports, while my other switches have two SFP ports.

I will be using the two SFP+ for other purposes than audio. Probably for a high speed NAS that has nothing do to with my audio rig.

Perhaps my  recent post will be of interest to you.

• Superdad changed the title to EtherREGEN: We are getting much closer!!
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Superdad changed the title to EtherREGEN: We are in final beta; About to enter production!
14 minutes ago, Superdad said:

That's good, but I am not convinced of the accuracy of that counter.  I recall Martin telling me he already had about 10 reservations--and that was weeks ago.  He is on vacation--traveling here in the USA--until mid-October, so no chance of answers until his return.

Unfortunately, the dealer allotments from the first production run are fixed at the numbers I gave: 20 for AudioStore/Vortebox UK, 60 for AfterDark. in Hong Kong.

They can both take reservations beyond those, but delivery would be from the second run--which we are going to work hard towards being shippable by early-December. (There is quite a lot of work and coordination that must occur to pull this all off, but I am very optimistic.) B|

No problem, second run is also good for me 🙂 I've gone to great lengths improving my network, so I'm quite curious to hear whether the EtherREGEN will still be able to improve things.