IGNORED

EtherREGEN: The long development thread. [Some Gen2 dev. pics and update starting on page 92.]

1 hour ago, HumanMedia said:

Im perhaps naively assuming that the EtherRegen should be placed as the last link before the player/renderer(?)

Also assuming that upsampling would be done on the server and not in the client, and that the upsampled data would be passed through over the network to the last link with the EtherRegen?

(HQPlayer and LMS are like this, Roon?)

It can be done either way.  Some are using server to upsample the music file, others will stream native files to DAC and let the DAC do the upsampling.

• Superdad changed the title to EtherREGEN: Early general details [We are late but getting closer! ;-)]
  • 3 months later...
26 minutes ago, Superdad said:

No, that is not a certainty yet.  It likely will be very close, but there is still a chance that the EtherREGEN will come in under the 1.1A-continuous limit of our UltraCap supplies. We can't defy physics, but we do have a few tricks up our sleeves. B|

Remember too that the EtherREGEN is not only filled with the best available voltage regulators (and carefully planned power networks around each), but that by design the whole unit is to be highly effective at blocking AC leakage--the primary evil of SMPS.  So while I am sure some will wish to power the EtherREGEN with a linear PS, it is as yet a complete unknown what if any sonic benefit will be gained versus using the SMPS brick that will be included. (Same UpTone-branded 36W, internally ground-shunted unit that is supplied as the charger with the UltraCap LPS-1.2).

Will the upper input voltage be 12VDC?

• 4 weeks later...
24 minutes ago, Superdad said:

a) UpTone policy is to never take customer money for orders without quoting a firm date of shipment (That also holds true for existing products, including our popular, 25 per-month, hand-built JS-2; It boggles my mind that some firms take money for products which don't get delivered for months or even years!)

A clear sign of credible company - should be a top purchasing decision above all others.

• 2 weeks later...
18 minutes ago, jcn3 said:

i'm thinking it's going to have to be around the size of an 8 port switch.  a ubiquiti us-8-150w is 9 inches wide.

18 minutes ago, R1200CL said:

The exact size as the Ultracaps 😀

With each RJ45 port is 15.24mm wide, and EtherRegen has 4 ports on A side, technically, it is quite possible to fit all 4 ports to a case as wide as Ultracap at 110mm.  My speculation would also be the size of Ultracap or something very similar to this size.

• Superdad changed the title to EtherREGEN: We are in final beta; About to enter production!
  • 5 weeks later...