IGNORED

EtherREGEN: The long development thread. [Some Gen2 dev. pics and update starting on page 92.]

Can someone please explain where this device would fit into my current chain?

5Ghz ASUS Nighthawk WIFI Bridge > Ethernet Cable > Audio Store Prestige MX Server > Bridged Ethernet > Ethernet Cable > Metrum Acoustics Ambre >  BNC/SPDIF Coax/RJ45 I2S > Metrum Acoustics Adagio > BNC/RCA > Metrum Acoustics Forte > Speakers

37 minutes ago, Superdad said:

Right before your Metrum Ambre streamer--because that is the closest in your chain to your DAC.  So run the Ethernet cable from your Audio Store Prestige MX server into one of the 'A'-side ports of the EtherREGEN; then run another Ethernet cable from the 'B'-side port to your Ambre.

Thank you.

I'd like one. When do you anticipate you'll be able to take orders?

Many Thanks.

3 minutes ago, Superdad said:

That's great, thanks.

We are not yet taking pre-orders for the EtherREGEN.  What we do for launches is notify everyone via our mailing list and via our forum—a few days before, when the product page is up but the “AddToCart” button is not shown.  We do not take orders until we know the exact date we plan to ship (so when we have dates from out PCB and aluminum case companies.)
We will tell in the e-mail the date and time (always (9:00 a.m. PST, usually a Tuesday) that order taking will begin, and right at 9:00 orders pour in.  People set their alarms to get their orders in because the first run (250 units) may sell out in the first few hours. But even if they do sell out, we will quickly order more boards even before the first ones arrive—so that the gap between shipping of first and second production runs should be only 2-3 weeks at most.

This is really the only manageable way for us to do these launches.

That's great. I'll sign myself up now.

• Superdad changed the title to EtherREGEN: We are in final beta; About to enter production!
  • 2 years later...