IGNORED

EtherREGEN: The long development thread. [Some Gen2 dev. pics and update starting on page 92.]

2 minutes ago, Superdad said:

Well I might start a poll because it seems like half of you want 50 ohms and the other half 75 ohms. O.o We can do either--but not both.  It is simply a single tiny surface mount resistor change--and either the 50 or 75 ohm BNC.  But it is not cost effective to run both versions of the board--and rear panel labels (then get stuck with more of one versus the other), especially since 90%+ of buyers will never even be using it with an external clock.

Understood, but it's a little disconcerting from the consumer's perspective and could affect purchase decisions.

8 minutes ago, Superdad said:

Given that all the major 10MHz reference clocks on the market have both 50 and 75 ohm outputs, why does it matter which we choose for input?

I have an expensive Habst 50-ohm cable available for a switch.  I am not interested in buying a 75-ohm cable, which in my situation, would raise the cost of ownership of an EtherREGEN to the same level as the expensive switch you alluded to above.

• Superdad pinned this topic
  • 1 month later...
  • Superdad changed the title to EtherREGEN: Early general details [We are late but getting closer! ;-)]
  • 5 months later...