IGNORED

EtherREGEN: The long development thread. [Some Gen2 dev. pics and update starting on page 92.]

2 hours ago, Superdad said:

I decline to state why, but that is a no-go.  Would require a second Ethernet switch chip.  If I say anything more we would begin to give away competitive details. Sorry.

Alex

Understand if it could compromise your design to keep quiet.

2 hours ago, Superdad said:

Since the price of the product will be as reasonable as we can make it, so folks who really need 2 of the super-clean outputs may simply purchase two units.

That's really generous of you to offer 2-to-1 price, thanks I'll have 88 please :P

On a more serious note, do you think going to my Antipodes Server or Devialet Amp, which would give the best option for the Superclean Ethernet. I suppose when listening to Antipodes I plug that into the SC port, and when listening to internet streamed to Devialet Amp plug that into SC port.

I've currently got an Aqvox switch, so assume your EtherREGEN would be a better option than that

• 2 weeks later...

@JohnSwenson 

In laymans terms is it essentially you can't properly hear the 0's & 1's for the other noise contamination?

As a side question, I have an Antipodes CX Music Server (will be getting it next month), and this will feed my Devialet 1000Pro. The Devialet can (now) access Spotify / Airplay / etc. direct via the internet, therefore if I was only going to use the 'Super Clean' port of the new EtherRegen (when it comes out) connected to my equipment, which one would you recommend?

Thanks

John

2 hours ago, ChrisG said:
2 hours ago, Celts88 said:

@JohnSwenson 

As a side question, I have an Antipodes CX Music Server (will be getting it next month), and this will feed my Devialet 1000Pro. The Devialet can (now) access Spotify / Airplay / etc. direct via the internet, therefore if I was only going to use the 'Super Clean' port of the new EtherRegen (when it comes out) connected to my equipment, which one would you recommend?

Thanks

John

The "super clean" port connects to your streamer (Devialet). 

If my music server contained all of my music files then would agree, but 1/2 of the music is stored on my NAS in my study, therefore my thinking behind using the clean port for the music server was to ensure no potential 'noise' getting into the files from my NAS. On the other hand I do realise that as my Devialet can now play Spotify, Airplay, etc. then for it to use the clean port would assist with keeping that data clean.

Appreciate the other answer is "wait until the EtherRegen is out at try either set-up", but was looking for advice form the knowledge people on here.

Thanks

John

• Superdad changed the title to EtherREGEN: We are in final beta; About to enter production!
  • Superdad locked this topic
  • Superdad unlocked this topic
  • Superdad pinned this topic