IGNORED

EtherREGEN: The long development thread. [Some Gen2 dev. pics and update starting on page 92.]

Since I am currently using a passive medical Ethernet isolator ($90) right before my direct stream dac, should I pull that out of the system once my ER arrives?   The ER will  be installed upstream with about 35 feet of Ethernet cable from the ER in my computer room to the dac, so I’m wondering if the passive isolator with help with any RF, etc that is picked up after the ER. 

I am really hoping that UpTone or any owners don’t send the ER to any of the fake “science”  crowd.   The ER is sure to spark debate and even though UpTone has engaged with them in the past, it’s clearly a waste of resources.  While I’m not drawing any kind of parallel, Holocaust deniers misuse “scientific” testing to support their agenda, as so many groups exhibit bias confirmation.  

Also I wonder if UpTone will ever license a simpler version of their circuitry to other audio companies to use in streamers, etc.  I could see that being much more lucrative than the ER.  

Thyname.... I’m not naming any names.....

Alex, thanks for the suggestion.  I was hoping to keep the ER in another room with the computer gear (which all has its own AC isolation) but will try it in both locations.

while probably a long shot, it would be amazing to have the ER in the system next weekend.

BTW  I’m going to the NY audio show this weekend.

Just got my order notice that my ER should be here Saturday!!!

Unfortunately I have to travel next week, but at least I'll have a couple of days to enjoy it, and by the time I return it should be fully broken in.

It will be interesting to hear all the top end systems at the NY audio show this weekend then come home to listen to (probably) better sound!

• 4 weeks later...