IGNORED

Audiophile UPnP Renderer for Windows ...

I just downloaded Audiophile UPnP Renderer to a new Windows 10 install (Home Edition).  I too encountered the "msvcp140.dll is missing" error when I tried to run AR.   I didn't see a clear-cut solution in this thread, but the latest entry is over a year old.  I am hoping that by now this problem has a known solution, which is documented as a reproducible procedure somewhere.  If so, can someone please point me in the right direction?  I built a dedicated audio player in a mini-ITX box, and now l am in search of a high quality UPnP renderer (player).  I had hoped l found one with AR.  

I downloaded the Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable and that resolved the missing .dll files problem.  Now BubbleUPnP is giving me the "Action Failed 501" error when l try to play a track through AR.  AR does show the track name, so they are communicating.  But, l have no idea what "Action Failed 501" means.  I've read on other forums that the error can happen with other renderers, even hardware renderers.  

More detailed information:  I have MinimServer 2 installed and running successfully as my UPnP server on a Synology NAS.  I have a small library of tracks.  I have BubbleUPnP installed on my Android phone.  I downloaded Audiophile UPnP Renderer v2.3 (AR) and the Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable.  I started AR successfully on a recent build with Windows 10 (Home) intended to be a dedicated audio player.  I was able select AR as the renderer in BubbleUPnP, and MinimServer as my Library.  I selected a track and hit 'play', the track name showed up on AR's display but l received the message "Action failed (code: 501)" from BubbleUPnP but no audio.  Futrher investigation revealed that is a generic error that is sent from a renderer to a control point when it cannot perform the requested action.  Another renderer option in BubbleUPnP's list was the Chromecast attached to my TV.  So l chose the Chromecast as the renderer and the selected track played through my TV (an interesting result but not quite the one I was hoping to achieve).  Next l downloaded and installed "TuneBrowser".  I had to enable "Open Home" in TB's network settings and tell Win10 to allow the network connection, but once l did that and changed my BubbleUPnP renderer selection from AR to TB I successfully played about a dozen tracks.  I know AR works, and I really want to get it working for me.  I suspect that something has to be configured or enabled, but l have no idea what it is or how to do it.  Any assistance, or suggestions, will be most appreciated.  

7 hours ago, John Choate said:

More detailed information:  I have MinimServer 2 installed and running successfully as my UPnP server on a Synology NAS.  I have a small library of tracks.  I have BubbleUPnP installed on my Android phone.  I downloaded Audiophile UPnP Renderer v2.3 (AR) and the Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable.  I started AR successfully on a recent build with Windows 10 (Home) intended to be a dedicated audio player.  I was able select AR as the renderer in BubbleUPnP, and MinimServer as my Library.  I selected a track and hit 'play', the track name showed up on AR's display but l received the message "Action failed (code: 501)" from BubbleUPnP but no audio.  Futrher investigation revealed that is a generic error that is sent from a renderer to a control point when it cannot perform the requested action.  Another renderer option in BubbleUPnP's list was the Chromecast attached to my TV.  So l chose the Chromecast as the renderer and the selected track played through my TV (an interesting result but not quite the one I was hoping to achieve).  Next l downloaded and installed "TuneBrowser".  I had to enable "Open Home" in TB's network settings and tell Win10 to allow the network connection, but once l did that and changed my BubbleUPnP renderer selection from AR to TB I successfully played about a dozen tracks.  I know AR works, and I really want to get it working for me.  I suspect that something has to be configured or enabled, but l have no idea what it is or how to do it.  Any assistance, or suggestions, will be most appreciated.  

The detail you have provided is excellent but you do not mention which audio device that Audiophile UPNP Renderer has selected, or that you have selected for it.  It may be significant.

Whichever device has been selected, I believe the device must allow Audiophile UPNP Renderer to have exclusive control.

To achieve this you will need to open the Sound option within the Control panel.

a) select the appropriate Playback device and select Properties

b) select the Advanced tab

c) allow exclusive control

d) apply the change

Ideally, do the above before playing a track to Audiophile UPNP renderer.  Fingers crossed. 🤞

Thank you for your reply and suggestion, you are right that l should have included that information as well.  The audio device is a Benchmark DAC1 USB.  I have it configured under Sound Control for the exclusive mode and also 24-bit/96KHz playback.  I have been using it successfully for several weeks with local players (e.g., Media Monkey, Amazon Music Ultra-HD) to check out the cabling, DAC1, and analog components.  Now l have added the NAS for my music library, and I'm working on getting UPnP configured.  Because this is the same audio playback device l used successfully for TuneBrowser l had ruled it out as a problem because it was working with other software.  However, one thing l have learned about software (and hardware) is that when you don't find the problem where you think it is, you will probably find it where you know it isn't.  So, l will examine the complete path again, and post any significant results. Thanks again!

-john

• 1 month later...

Valery,

Mille fois merci!

Installed and tested the software today.

Other software:

Minimserver for windows

Bubbleupnp on Android

Musicfiles:

Flacs from 44/16 to 192/24 on MSI Cube

Equipment:

MSI Cube

USB cleaner- stick

MINIDSP 2X4 HD

I2S to Toslink board

DACMAGIC 100

My amps

My speakers

Tablet

Results:

Effective and efficient software. Just what I needed.

Same good sound as with my other renderers via toslink: Argon, Yamaha and Linn.

Greetings

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

After spending time looking at a couple of renderers I decided to checkout Audiophile UPnP Renderer again.  I had moved my dedicated W10 audio PC and was using an HDMI cable to an LG TV for my monitor.  I discovered that the LG TV shows up as an audio device, connected via HDMI.  I brought up Audiophile UPnP Renderer, but it would not play through the Windows default USB sound driver.  This is the same USB driver and configuration that plays great through my Benchmark DAC1 USB when I use Amazon Music or Media Monkey locally, and the Tunebrowser renderer for UPnP.   Just to see what would happen I went to Audiophile UPnP Renderer's audio device selector and switched the audio to the LG TV and it worked!  It worked using the local drag-n-drop mode (debug) and also when playing from my NAS using BubbleUp UPnP as my control point.  So, Audiophile UPnP Renderer can play audio through my TV but not through the default W10 USB driver (USB audio mode 1).  It's not the USB audio driver, or the Benchmark DAC1, because they work fine with multiple other music applications.  But it is also not the Audiophile UPnP Renderer installation or configuration, because it works both in local debug mode and in UPnP Renderer mode when used with the LG TV.  So a logical conclusion is that there is some unique incompatibility between the Benchmark USB driver interface and the Audiophile UPnP Renderer's USB driver interface that is preventing their connection.  Of course I have learned that logic is a poor substitute for information when trying to troubleshoot problems like this one.   I am hoping that someone here just might have a Benchmark DAC1 and Audiophile UPnP Renderer with Windows 10 and managed to get them to play nice together.  I'll also contact Benchmark Support just in case they may know something.  (Note that my postings above explain my hardware configuration in more detail, so I didn't repeat it here.)

-john

• 1 year later...
On 12/22/2018 at 10:58 AM, valer_valer said:

I have uploaded a new 2.3 version of Audiophile UPnP Renderer.

It includes ASIO support, some lossy formats and a few other features.

A also have a beta version with DSD decoding,  I will upload it as soon as I complete the task ...

Valery.

Please help me.

I need a Asio upnp media renderer, but when I download your software I only found the 1.1 ver with only wasapi support.

I've downloaded here https://sourceforge.net/projects/audiophilerenderer/

Where could I found ver 2.3?

Thanks.

• 2 months later...
On 5/3/2019 at 1:01 AM, valer_valer said:

- AR built using VS2015, so You may need Visual C++ x86 redistributable for Visual Studio 2015, not 2017.

- AR based on WASAPI interface, this is the way in Windows 7/8/10 to work BitPerfect (the ASIO isn't) ...

I've finished developing the new version with DSD (DSF/DFF) decoding ...

Hi, this is the best sounding UPnP renderer I have ever tried. Since you said the DSD version is finished, can we try it?