IGNORED

Audiophile UPnP Renderer for Windows ...

• 2 weeks later...

Valery:  thanks for responding !

Since I first posted I have been able to listen to Audiophile UPnP Renderer for maybe 20 hours or so.

I wish somebody else would try it. Then we could compare notes.

Bravo again Valery. I really enjoy the sound

Matthew

" The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance--it is the illusion of knowledge." Daniel.J.Boorstin

• 8 months later...

I'm trying this player for a few days now. I can only judge its prestations with my ears because I'm not a technician, but I can say I already like this player very much. In combination with Fidelizer its doing a great job. It sounds really pure, basic and well balanced, just listening to music, forgetting all the theories and important without gaps. It would be nice when there were more functions instead of the drag and drop way to play the files of my music library. I would gladly use and support this player in the future.

Ary

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Valery, 

Thanks for your reply.

I'm using several players like Adacious and Foobar in both Linux and Windows surrounding to play FLAC and WAV format 16 bit audio  stored on a extern hard drive and a Synology disk station sended to a extern dac. I am not familiar with a control point app, probably needed to use Audiophile UPnP Renderer. When it is not intended as a stand-alone program, maybe you can explain how to use this player and which settings or connections are possible.

(or maybe there is a manual available which I can't find yet)

Ary

OK .. I See ...

The Audiophile UPnP Renderer is NOT a standalone player, like a Foobar, and its backdoor option of drag the files [or via argument line] intended only for debugging purposes ! 

The UPnP protocol assumes that there are two additional devices [besides the Renderer], - one is the UPnP server, and another is the Control Point.
The most popular control points are MConnect and BubbleUPnP, which are installed on portable devices (like Your Cell Phone).
And the UPnP Server is usually the NAS, with insalled server software like Twonky Server or MININ Server or MiniDLNA ...

The Audiophile UPnP Renderer turns your PC into a dedicated network player device, such as PS AUDIO BRIDGE or Lumin net players .. 

I installed media server on the Synology NAS and a Foobar plugin to use it as a control point.

With the UPnP browser in Foobar I can make a selection from the music collection on the NAS and the UPnP contoller is connected with Audiophile UPnP Renderer. It's a bit slow but it works and again it sounds great. In the future I 'll certainly try some other configurations.

Thanks, Ary

Hi Valery,

GREAT !

It works fine so far. But I have troubles controlling volume.

When using my UPnP controller (Bubble UpnP) with my server (Synology with media server) on renderer (Marantz MCR611)  everything works fine.

Changing to the AR as renderer -> no volume control is possible (BubbleUPnP says "action failed code 501").

Any explanation?

Thanks, Ross

Hi Valery,

I'm using MConnect as controller now with Audiophile Renderer and Synology Nas + Media Server. It's working perfect, exept for one thing. MConnect does handle flac format. That would be a benefit  because most of my files are stored in 16 bit flac, but there are also a few stored in 24 bit flac. It seems that AR only accepts 16 bit. Enabling audio transcoding in Media Server, makes it possible downsampling audio files to 16 bit, but then all the files of the library are also transcoded  to wav. Less treatments are better I guess. So now I play flac 16 bit via MinimServer-Synology and the 24 bit flac files via Media Server-Synology and switch between the servers in Mconnect.
It's something I can live with, but is there another way to deal with this aspect. By the way in general I'm very content with this system.

Regards, Ary

post scriptum

The dac/ pre-amplifier I'm using has a 16 bit usb input, the VST plugin (for sampling the bit rate, I presume) can't be loaded in AR.

The plugin shows up but when I'm trying to open it, error while loading VST module appears.

Hello,

AR has no digital volume, which is by design !
Digital Volume => reduction of bit depth =>  digital signal degradation.

AR supports 16, 24 and 32 bit fixed point and 32 IEEE floating point, ASIO and WASAPI. 

Of course if the hardware (DAC) supports it.

It also supports almost all audio formats including FLAC, ALAC and even MP3.

There is no need for transcoding.

The VST interface is mainly intended for RC, and it supports VST 2 interface.

Please note that the plugin you are using supports VST2.
Recommended are FabFilter Pro-Q 2 (commercial) or RS-MET EasyQ (free)

Regards,

Valery

• 2 months later...

Hi Valer_Valer,

AR 2.3 don't work in my system. I have a Nuc with Windows 10, and fidelizer. First, when i run AR, the message "Wasapi device not found" appear. Then i select asio driver. I use Bubble Upnp, AR is recognized, i read a track, the jacket of album appear on AR but music don't start.

Can you help me please ?  Thanks.

On 12/22/2018 at 5:58 PM, valer_valer said:

I have uploaded a new 2.3 version of Audiophile UPnP Renderer.

It includes ASIO support, some lossy formats and a few other features.

A also have a beta version with DSD decoding,  I will upload it as soon as I complete the task ...

Valery.

Hi Valer,

May I know if DSD512 is supported in the next version? If so, when would you release it? I am now running A+ on an i7 computer (Media server and DSD512 upsampling) and looking for a UPnP renderer software to be installed in an fanless mini pc. I have tried a number of software and no luck. The best one so far is foobar which could only get up to DSD256 but very unstable. 

Thanks~

T+A DAC 8 DSD

Audirvana+ (i7-7700) DSD 512 upsampling

4 minutes ago, bodiebill said:

When trying to run on Windows Server 2019 (core mode) with Audiophile Optimizer, tying to start the program I get "msvcp140.dll is missing". Microsoft Visual C ++ Redistributable is installed.

Any idea?

you're in the wrong part of the forum.  Go to high-end audio pc under sponsor forums. 

(1) holo audio red (hqp naa) > chord dave > luxman cl-38uc/mq-88uc > kef reference 1
(2) simaudio moon mind 2 > chord qutest > luxman sq-n150 > monitor audio gold gx100
1 minute ago, bodiebill said:

with 'the program' I mean Audiophile Renderer, so I guess this is the right place to ask the question? Sorry if it was ambiguous.

Ah, i misread. 

(1) holo audio red (hqp naa) > chord dave > luxman cl-38uc/mq-88uc > kef reference 1
(2) simaudio moon mind 2 > chord qutest > luxman sq-n150 > monitor audio gold gx100
  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/18/2019 at 7:24 PM, bodiebill said:

When trying to run on Windows Server 2019 (core mode) with Audiophile Optimizer, tying to start the program I get "msvcp140.dll is missing". Microsoft Visual C ++ Redistributable is installed.

Any idea?

Hi!

I did the following on Windows Server 2019 core and it works:

1; Disable firewall: netsh advfirewall set allprofiles state off

2; Install Visual C++ 2017 X86

3; Copy avrt.dll from Win10 c:\Windows\system32 path to Win2019 C:\Windows\System32 path

4; Install AudiophileRenderer

5; Run regedit and go to the HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Valery Studio\AudiophileRenderer path and modify "SelectedDevice" parameter to your audio driver name (or write something and choose your driver later in the program)

6; Run AudiophileRenderer

I hope it helps.

On 4/30/2019 at 6:44 PM, Rol said:

Hi!

3; Copy avrt.dll from Win10 c:\Windows\system32 path to Win2019 C:\Windows\System32 path

5; Run regedit and go to the HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Valery Studio\AudiophileRenderer path and modify "SelectedDevice" parameter to your audio driver name (or write something and choose your driver later in the program)

I hope it helps.

Thanks Rol! Will try when I can. I have to reinstall the audio PC and in the meantime run it with Linux (GentooPlayer).

audio system

- AR built using VS2015, so You may need Visual C++ x86 redistributable for Visual Studio 2015, not 2017.

- AR based on WASAPI interface, this is the way in Windows 7/8/10 to work BitPerfect (the ASIO isn't) ...

I've finished developing the new version with DSD (DSF/DFF) decoding ...

On 4/30/2019 at 6:44 PM, Rol said:

Hi!

I hope it helps.

Strange, in the registry HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Valery Studio folder is missing.

Also, avrt.dll already existed in the Win2019 C:\Windows\System32 path. I copied it over anyway.

Still unable to start AR.

audio system