IGNORED

Yggdrasil Gen 5 24 Bit problem

8 minutes ago, Frege said:

Yes, plays 24 bit files fine when plugged into the MacMini

The USB Gen 5 has a different CMedia USB chipset, something in the Odroid board or Ubuntu doesn't like it.  

Sounds like there is nothing wrong with the Yggdrasil.

Roon Rock->Auralic Aria G2->Schiit Yggdrasil A2->McIntosh C47->McIntosh MC301 Monos->Wilson Audio Sabrinas

2 minutes ago, pas said:

Maybe that board is not functioning properly as was the case with my Eitr.

He indicated in his original post that he sent it back and they put a new USB Gen 5 in.  Same problem.

Roon Rock->Auralic Aria G2->Schiit Yggdrasil A2->McIntosh C47->McIntosh MC301 Monos->Wilson Audio Sabrinas

1 minute ago, pas said:

I clearly understood his post. Is his DAC functioning properly?

Yes, he indicated above that he plugged it into his macmini and it played 24bit files fine.

1 minute ago, Frege said:

What I am trying to find out is what the difference between the Gen 3 and Gen 5 is that is giving rise to the incompatibility to see if it can be fixed.  Note that it is a change that affects all 24 bit files.

Can you put a different distro on the Odroid?

6 hours ago, Frege said:

Just did a Linux/Ubuntu update/upgrade.  No success!  Problem remains as before.  So, apparently not an OS problem,

You can't come to that conclusion from doing an update or upgrade only.  You can only rule out your version of Linux/Ubuntu by trying others with the same results.