IGNORED

Headphones vs Speakers.....Go!

Mood dependant. I've yet to hear a 2 channel hifi render more recording detail than properly set up headphones. Now of course I am referring to high end stuff, not cheapola kit. You can just hear so much more information through cans. But obviously, there really is no deep, visceral, you are there feeling like a proper stereo in 3 dimensional space with acoustical treatment. So yeah, depends on what I'm in the  mood to listen to and how. Getting great sound from hifi means dealing with so many other factors too, mainly room and positioning. 

17 minutes ago, diecaster said:

Mainly for the two reason I listed above......

Just curious why you are so hell bent on trashing HPs? Do you work for some 2 channel consortium? We fully understand your position. You've expressed it here ad nauseam. Your position is not universal. Accept it please. And stop trashing others who happen to enjoy them. 

• 2 weeks later...
30 minutes ago, GUTB said:

I came from a headphone background. The truth is this: for the pure equipment cost, you can get peak world class headphone performance for the price of a mid-fi 2 channel setup. Speakers are more than just high prices — its engineering a listening space. For the amount of money I spent on my speakers, room treatments, pre/pro amps, cabling, etc, I could have got a Utopia with the finest OCC silver cables plugged into best headphone amps and be at endgame.

The problem is, I’m addicted to the full-immersion experience of speakers. The unfurled soundstage. The physical dynamics. No matter how good, headphones can’t provide that.

This is in fact true. 

• 11 months later...