IGNORED

Headphones vs Speakers.....Go!

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Use of headphones by Morten Lindberg. 

According to Lindberg, headphones give him exactly the kind of information he needs, which is what the microphone is picking up at its current position. “You can do pretty much anything and have full control on headphones,” he adds. “I emphasize this because traditional professors say ‘you can't record or mix on headphones.’ Yes, you can, but you need to relate it to a speaker environment. Build a sense of transfer of functionality, which makes you secure on headphones. You also must have a very good mastering studio so you can make the final production sound like it did while recording on headphones.”

https://en-us.sennheiser.com/protalkarticles-morten-lindberg

1 hour ago, diecaster said:

Let's not conflate professionals composing, recording, mixing, and mastering with the consumers listening to music in their homes. Because they are not even close to being the same thing.

I have already stated my position in post  #122.  In today's world, headphones is just practical for personal space.  For recordings, they have their own reasons. End of the day, they all make music to sound good over speakers.