IGNORED

SGC - sonicTransporter Series and Signalyst HQPlayer 4 Embedded

2 hours ago, steveoat said:

Are there plans to include HQ Player embedded for the microrendu.  Or, if I have an HQ player embedded license, how would I install this to use with the microrendu.

No because its very CPU intensive. It is included in the Small Green Computer sonicTransporter series though. 

https://www.smallgreencomputer.com/collections/audio-server

• 1 month later...

I have HQplayer embedded running on an i7ST running to an Ultrarendu. I just updated the software on the i7 in order to get version

4.11 of HQPe. Now, when I try to play through Roon I get an error message that says it can't connect to HQP. Also, when I try to get to the config page on HQP, I get an error message saying Safari can'r connect to the server. I have tried restarting, rebooting and powering down the entire chain to no effect. I have also updtade the software on the UltraRendu. I'm out of ideas. Any suggestions? Thanks.

38 minutes ago, mtcs said:

I have HQplayer embedded running on an i7ST running to an Ultrarendu. I just updated the software on the i7 in order to get version

4.11 of HQPe. Now, when I try to play through Roon I get an error message that says it can't connect to HQP. Also, when I try to get to the config page on HQP, I get an error message saying Safari can'r connect to the server. I have tried restarting, rebooting and powering down the entire chain to no effect. I have also updtade the software on the UltraRendu. I'm out of ideas. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Never mind! I uninstalled and then reinstalled HQPe. Now it's all good.

• 2 months later...

Hi,

Would it possible to run Roon Core on a computer and just the HQPlayer  Embedded on my STi5?

As for the time being I won't be able to upgrade my STi5 to an STi9 and I need just a fraction of more computational power to use the new HQP modulators,   I was wondering if I could run the core on a Innous and the HQPlayer on the STi5. With my STi5 (old model) + HQP embedded  I just get DSD64 with ASDM5EC with regular material (16-bit/44.1khz). With higher files ( e.g. 24/96 or more) I get shutering.  Tks, Jorge

Jensen VRD-iFF>Router>Rj45>opticalModule>
SFP>Buffalo2016>SFP>opticalModule >Rj45>

IZen Mk3>Rj45> Delock62619>Rj45>
etherRegen (Master Clock+ Mini-Circuits BLP)>SFP>opticalRendu>USB>IsoRegen>

USB>Phoenix>USB>OPPO 205 (Modded)>HMS “the Perfect Match”>Proac Tablette Reference 8 Signature.

Hi James, thank you for the reply. The sound is already sublime with DSD64 + ASDM5EC with my recent upgrades (oM + LPS-2) and I am not considering an upgrade now.

What frustrates me is that as soon I play a  HR file (even 24/96) I get shuttering. 16/44.1 is ok.

As I am considering to get a Innous server, the idea would be to  have Roon core running on the Innous and HQP embedded on the STi5. If feasible, I guess my problem would be solved. 

In any case, from what I read the Innous don't take higher resolutions than DSD128!!!

Cheers, Jorge

USB>Phoenix>USB>OPPO 205 (Modded)>HMS “the Perfect Match”>Proac Tablette Reference 8 Signature.

On 9/17/2019 at 6:17 PM, soares said:

Hi James, thank you for the reply. The sound is already sublime with DSD64 + ASDM5EC with my recent upgrades (oM + LPS-2) and I am not considering an upgrade now.

What frustrates me is that as soon I play a  HR file (even 24/96) I get shuttering. 16/44.1 is ok.

As I am considering to get a Innous server, the idea would be to  have Roon core running on the Innous and HQP embedded on the STi5. If feasible, I guess my problem would be solved. 

In any case, from what I read the Innous don't take higher resolutions than DSD128!!!

Cheers, Jorge

You should go into the switch's software and enable "flow control".

4 hours ago, vortecjr said:

You should go into the switch's software and enable "flow control".

No Jesus. There’s no problem with the Cisco. I disconnected it and connected everything to my router. I also reboot uR. So now I have a GTek connected to oM that is again connected to my uR. STi5 is connected to the router. Can’t use the new modulators with HR files. Nx filter is poly-sinc-xrt-lp-2s and 1x oversampling is poly-sync-hi-2s. 

So, unless you have another explanation, the STi5 does not have enough power. 

Turning to square one. Does anyone know if I can run Roon from a computer and use my STi5 to just run the HQP embedded?

Thank you! 

2 hours ago, soares said:

Turning to square one. Does anyone know if I can run Roon from a computer and use my STi5 to just run the HQP embedded?

Yep, no problem at all.

When adding HQPlayer to Roon (under 'Setup' in Roon) you will need to know the IP address of the sTi5 so Roon can find and communicate with HQP Embedded.

7 hours ago, soares said:

No Jesus. There’s no problem with the Cisco. I disconnected it and connected everything to my router. I also reboot uR. So now I have a GTek connected to oM that is again connected to my uR. STi5 is connected to the router. Can’t use the new modulators with HR files. Nx filter is poly-sinc-xrt-lp-2s and 1x oversampling is poly-sync-hi-2s. 

So, unless you have another explanation, the STi5 does not have enough power. 

Thank you! 

The test I would try next is to remove the oM and connect everything directly to your router. If you are going to split Roon and HQ Player into separate machines you need to remove the Roon app from the STi5 so it's not running in the background.  

6 hours ago, asdf1000 said:

Yep, no problem at all.

When adding HQPlayer to Roon (under 'Setup' in Roon) you will need to know the IP address of the sTi5 so Roon can find and communicate with HQP Embedded.

Great to hear that! Thank you! Jorge

1 hour ago, vortecjr said:

The test I would try next is to remove the oM and connect everything directly to your router. If you are going to split Roon and HQ Player into separate machines you need to remove the Roon app from the STi5 so it's not running in the background.  

Tks Jesus! That was my configuration before getting the Cisco and the oM. Everything works. The issue is for sure the resources needed by these extraordinary modulators. Best, Jorge

2 hours ago, mtcs said:

HQPe is on version 4.18.1 on the MySonicOrbiter web page. Is there any plan to update this to the current 4.21.1 anytime soon? There seem to be a lot of people who think the SQ is really good and I'd like to try it out. Thanks.

You should be able to just press Update on the SonicTransporter and you’ll get 4.21.1. 

SonicTransporter i9 > EtherRegen (optical out) > LUMIN P1 > LUMIN Amp > YG Kipod Signature Passive speakers.

24 minutes ago, Ultrarunner said:

You should be able to just press Update on the SonicTransporter and you’ll get 4.21.1. 

I've tried but it doesn't work. The software app shows 4.18 as current and even if if do hit the update button it says "nothing to do." I think Andrew need to update the website first.

19 minutes ago, R1200CL said:

When will SonicOrbiter expected be ready to update latest version HQplayer ?

I'm not 100% sure what you mean by SonicOrbiter. Here are Small Green Computer we sell a music server called the sonicTransporter. You can run the latest version of HQPlayer Embedded (4.21.1 as of today) on it by installing it from the Software Manager. You can update to the latest version by pressing the update button also in the Software Manager.

We also sell the Rendu series of music players by Sonore. These are running the latest version of NAA (4.1.1) again you can update them with the update button.

In order to run all the latest versions of all the apps you need to be running the latest version of Sonicorbiter OS. To install that you need to follow the direction in the FAQ on sonicorbiter.com

http://sonicorbiter.com/faq

If you are having any issues and need support just go to smallgreencomputer.com and click on contact us.

agillis

Small Green Computer

http://www.smallgreencomputer.com/

24 minutes ago, agillis said:

You can run the latest version of HQPlayer Embedded (4.21.1 as of today) on it by installing it from the Software Manager.

That’s our point. It doesn’t work. HQPlayer isn’t updating. It says nothing to do. 

BTW, isn’t SonicOrbiter the software of Sonictransporter and the Rendu’s ?

NAA is OK. (At least on my opticalRendu). 

Will it help to delete and reinstall HQPlayer ?

(I won’t loose license). 

F854A0E9-62DD-4EA1-B2A5-4374D49C5D33.jpeg

6 minutes ago, agillis said:

What version of Sonicorbiter OS are you running?

On the Sonictransporter i5 it’s 2.7 as we was told there was no plan for a 2.8 when it came for the Rendu’s. I haven’t paid much attention afterwards as I expected the decision was final. 

Edit. 
I try. 

sonicTransporter 2.7 to 2.8

This procedure can take quite a while if your internet is slow. Do not reboot or power off your unit until the upgrade is complete.

Go to sonicorbiter.com and click manage next to the sonicTransporter you want to upgrade. Then go to apps -> Software Manager. Click the Update button and wait for it to complete. Then reboot your sonicTransporter.

Once this is complete you are ready to start the upgrade to 2.8.

You need to manually enter the upgrade URL

http://<sonicTransporter ip>/upgrade28.php

So if your sonicTransporter IP address is 192.168.1.10 then enter http://192.168.1.10/upgrade28.php into your browser.

Once you enter this URL the upgrade will start. It can take quite a long time. Wait for it to finish!

Once it's finished reboot and run the 2.8 upgrade again.

http://<sonicTransporter ip>/upgrade28.php

Again once you enter this URL the upgrade will start. It can take quite a long time. Wait for it to finish. Onec it's done reboot again and you are done.

2 hours ago, mtcs said:

I've tried but it doesn't work. The software app shows 4.18 as current and even if if do hit the update button it says "nothing to do." I think Andrew need to update the website first.

I had previously updated my STi9 to 2.8. I guess that’s why all I had to do was hit Update and I got HQPlayer Embedded 4.21.1. 

SonicTransporter i9 > EtherRegen (optical out) > LUMIN P1 > LUMIN Amp > YG Kipod Signature Passive speakers.

5 minutes ago, Ultrarunner said:

I had previously updated my STi9 to 2.8. I guess that’s why all I had to do was hit Update and I got HQPlayer Embedded 4.21.1. 

I'm in the same position on my STi7. SonicOrbiter has never updated from 2.7 to 2.8 when hitting the update button. And now it won't update HQPe from 4.18.1.