IGNORED

Good Class D amps ??

51 minutes ago, GeneZ said:

Its not about just Nuprime. Nuprime simply makes it known.  Class D amplifier design, by default, causes problems with REL Subwoofers.

Look at the REL page and look up about hooking up Class D amplifiers. https://relsupport.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/115004486607-Class-D-Amp-Connection-Methods

About 10 years ago or more Rel addressed this with a cable they include.

Having said that, there are plenty of other reasons to avoid Rel (like spontaneous combustion).

• 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...
5 hours ago, JoethePop said:

So I just read all 29 pages of this thread as I'm considering replacing my over 30-year-old Yamaha receiver (bought new in 1987) with a smaller package that doesn't need all the breathing room of a class AB design. Not being a hobbyist I'm looking for a plug and play solution. I've considered separate components, but there doesn't seem to be many sub $1000 options for class D amplifiers. Add the cost of a DAC/Pre and I'll be well over what I want to spend (< $1000). For my needs, I am seriously considering NAD's C338. Class D efficiency with a DAC built in and Chromecast as a bonus. I think I could live with that for the next 30 years (or until I die, whichever comes first).

The Ncore kit is very very simple.  Even someone as inept as I am can do it.  If you can turn a screwdriver you can do it.  Your savings will be considerable.  (You could also just pay some local kid a few bucks to do it for you.)