Thanks Kal, I suspect that it will be a while before we have more multichannel DACs. The lack of HDMI inputs and the cumbersome nature of 7.1ch-in will always keep this a niche unless there's a better way to connect those analog channels. Perhaps we need to wait for wireless to get better?

I do have a wishlist because I'm not very ambitious 9_9 :

An 8-channel DAC streamer that can function as a Roon endpoint, MQA, and a great DAC built in.

• Inputs: Ethernet, USB/Optical/Coax, and HDMI 
  • Decoding: PCM, DSD, MQA, etc.
  • Upgrades: Firmware and hardware upgradeable (separate DAC and Streamer boards). 
  • Room Correction: Built-in Dirac Live – applied AFTER full MQA decoding (if this makes sense). 
  • Outputs: 8ch RCA Unbalanced. Optional: XLR
  • Price: <$4000

Too much wishful thinking?

Hello Robert,

Did you pigheadedly try to make the 105 work like I did, or did you elegantly skip all those steps like a smart person would? x-D  I also have a 205 in the meantime, but most of those same limitations still exist.

Did you play with room correction, or was that not needed for your setup?

21 hours ago, Robert van Diggele said:

no room correction yet. I may give Dirac a try in Jriver. But I am also looking at making an upgrad on my speakers first. I have the XTZ99.26mkII and there are good results with the Belyrium upgrade. 

Play with the 14 day Dirac Live trial - treat is as it it were a speaker and room upgrade rather than a software purchase.

In my case the bang for the buck was multiples greater than buying new speakers. You think your Exasound E38 is good now? Heh.