IGNORED

AudioEngine A2 Issue

Hi guys, I've had my AudioEngine A2 pair going for about 5 years now.  However about a year ago I started noticing some rattling playing certain material, mostly in the lower frequencies.  It is very apparent listening to a 40-80hz pink noise test tone.  The rattling starts only at moderate volumes and disappears as soon as I lightly touch the cone of the woofer. 

Any ideas what's going on?  Should I try opening it up and see if something is touching the woofer maybe?  TIA

PS- This issue is only affecting the Right channel speaker.  All wires are connected properly and securely.

I took a video of what's happening:

Before you read the below response I urge you to investigate this site.  You may just find more answers than you knew questions existed and maybe discover what an audiophile is if you were not previously aware.

That said, we promote a high level of personal inquisitiveness where problem solving or improvements are possible.  By all means take the woofer off, carefully, to see if there is anything very apparent.  Such as the magnet falling off.  Power the speaker and feed it a low volume signal, again carefully, to see if that helps isolate the cause.  Wiggle wires, check connections (without power!) , dig in and research what possible failure could be leading to this.  

One helpful hint, touching the woofer while it is moving does nothing good and promotes wear that will precipitate failure.