IGNORED

Article: dCS Rossini DAC Review

4 hours ago, miguelito said:

The Rossini player, ie the one with a transport, does not. I seem to recall that a review on Stereophile had the Rossini playing with a Paganini transport which would work just fine and play CD & SACD.

The big issue with high end transport mechanisms such as the Teac VRDS is that they stopped making them and the chipsets a few years ago. My understanding is dCS spent a small fortune buying a bunch of Teac transports for the Vivaldi. 

Was surprised by his comments as well...

dCS General Manager John Quick unveiled a prototype of the Rossini transport (approx. $22,000, coming to the Munich show in May), 

35 minutes ago, Keith_W said:

Man, I take a 6 month break from CA and I come back and it's still the same. Well, i'm off again. Chris, you should really consider cleaning this place up. Appoint a few more moderators, and give these guys (it's always the same guys) a big kick up the arse. Hopefully if I come back it will be better. 

Is a mystery why a review about a new DAC brought out this stuff.  First the endless posts about a speaker with a topology from 1950’s then this aggression about cost.....sheesh!

not sure what Chris could do without a heavy hand which may cause more ill will than order.