IGNORED

Article: dCS Rossini DAC Review

I have heard a DCS Rossini and a few other DCS models (I get confused with the model names) a few times. In short, I love DCS! 

Of all the audio virtues, I place transparency and detail retrieval at the very top. Especially for a DAC. You can add salt and pepper to your taste by swapping tubes and amps but for me, a DAC and transport must extract every last bit of detail possible from the recording. DCS is unparalleled and it really stands alone in this regard, unmatched by every other high-end DAC I have compared it to. These other DAC's I have heard include Playback Designs, MSB, Esoteric, and so on. 

I think the Rossini has a rather dry, clinical presentation that some people won't like. It is also extraordinarily precise - attacks and decays are super fast and super clean. 

The only complaints I have for this DAC are the price and the tone. Unfortunately, for my system I need 8 DAC channels. I can afford to buy ONE Rossini. I can't afford to buy 4 of them. 

Man, I take a 6 month break from CA and I come back and it's still the same. Well, i'm off again. Chris, you should really consider cleaning this place up. Appoint a few more moderators, and give these guys (it's always the same guys) a big kick up the arse. Hopefully if I come back it will be better.