IGNORED

TIDAL on iPad: How can I see what albums are MQA?

On 5/28/2018 at 1:25 AM, R1200CL said:

The information displayed by mConnect player doesn’t seems to be correct. If so the Beetle would indicate 48 and not 44.1. 

Also this evening i conected The Explorer2 DAC to an iPhone X (using the latest CCK), and played that specific album. No MQA. 

You made me borrow my 11 year old daughter's (old) iPhone as it's the only one in the house (she wasn't best pleased)!

The iOS version of the mConnect Player Lite app also indicates the DET VI HAR (MQA) album's tracks correctly at 24bit/48kHz on that iPhone:

image.thumb.png.be3c602c5ea943de5dee4a1f81c52d58.png

Did you check that you set your TIDAL account to HiFi, in its Browser settings?

image.thumb.png.49c1108247d11a5e8e2a6bac412dc3af.png

Otherwise, the TIDAL server will provide lossy AAC (at 44.1kHz) track streams instead of FLAC track streams, for all albums, including MQA ones.

BTW, if for some reason you cannot provide a screenshot of your iPhone's display, please give the complete description (ie, include the track's name, its file type, any bit depth, its bitrate, etc) rather than just "44.1", as it may help to diagnose what was wrong.

We are far more united and have far more in common with each other than things that divide us.

-- Jo Cox