IGNORED

JCAT's $5000 switch

8 hours ago, Marcin_gps said:

Well, that's not exactly a news story: I've been offering SATA cables under JCAT since 2013 :)

Thought so. You sound like you are promoting overpriced junk for profit.

Custom room treatments for headphone users.

8 hours ago, Marcin_gps said:

I'm only interested in best products. 

And the best products also have the highest markup.

Pareto Audio AMD 7700 Server --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

i7-6700K/Windows 10  --> EVGA Nu Audio Card --> Focal CMS50's 

9 hours ago, Marcin_gps said:

It has already improved sound if the music is in a CPU/memory cache on a PC/network player. Then try playing again without the switch and music will sound thin, flat and edgy - a characteristic that people most often complain about in a computer audio playback. 

Fiber media doesn't improve sound. It actually sounds worse than electrical connection - either LAN or USB. I've tried it years ago already. 

If I setup a RAM Disk, copy a track using your switch then I copy another track using a $90 switch (like the Cisco SG 200-8) you are stating that you will be able to tell the difference even after the Ethernet cables are pulled. 

Just want to make sure I understand you correctly. 

On 2018-03-08 at 9:59 PM, rickca said:

And the best products also have the highest markup.

Yes of course and they need to take much higher price per unit, because they can sell a lot less of them compared to budget or mid-priced gear.

On 2018-03-08 at 11:09 PM, Marcin_gps said:

Nice talking to you. I'm out of here...

Cheers, 

Marcin

Marcin can you explain the high cost and the superior SQ benefits you claim to get from your switch compared to other switches?  

I don't think that is going to happen. However, if he's convinced that it is "all that", then he should have no problem with a 30 day money back guarantee like AQVOX does. For some reason, he only offer 14 days. 

ChrisG

Bend, OR

On ‎3‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 3:51 AM, firedog said:

Anyone? I don't think every "serious" audiophile has conditioners and power cords costing more than $5K. 

But the people who will buy this switch probably do, I'll give you that.

Agreed.

$5K is more than I spent on my entire audio / video / computer system, including all my aftermarket cables.

I bought my Monster High Definition Power Center 1800 Line Conditioner used at a Pawn shop for $60.

IMHO super high-end audio keeps getting more and more expensive each year, while mid-fi is getting less expensive and better sounding. Interesting, no? I have no problem of people making products for the super rich who have too much money. Things such as this switch are not designed for poor or middle class audiophiles. IMHO poor audiophiles are just as serious of obtaining the most realistic sound possible, we just have to consider a realistic budget we can afford. 

I have dementia. I save all my posts in a text file I call Forums.  I do a search in that file to find out what I said or did in the past.

I still love music.

Teresa

On 8.03.2018 at 10:02 PM, MPWRZME said:

Does this switch negate the need for the JCat ethernet cards?  Certainly we will soon see these same cards redesigned with the same M12 connectors.

It doesn't negate the need for JCAT NET Cards. Both products can coexist and benefit from each other. There will be no redesign to include M12 connectors on the JCAT NET Card. 

On 10.03.2018 at 11:18 AM, Summit said:

Marcin can you explain the high cost and the superior SQ benefits you claim to get from your switch compared to other switches?  

The high cost comes from using highest quality components and is adequate for the sonic performance you're getting with it. I'd recommend using it in a system where each component is at least $5k. It will become a standard in high-end file based setups within next couple years. I'm sure of it.

Please check how much the m12-x 8 pole connectors cost or die-cast aluminum body. 

On 11.03.2018 at 2:31 AM, ChrisG said:

I don't think that is going to happen. However, if he's convinced that it is "all that", then he should have no problem with a 30 day money back guarantee like AQVOX does. For some reason, he only offer 14 days. 

Are you suggesting I'm trying to scam people? I offer 14 days, because it is a standard policy for all online retailers in EU. 

28 minutes ago, seeteeyou said:

As I already wrote in the other topic: 

Actually the switch + 2 cables cost 442,800 yen which is more like 3373EUR. So yes, it's 20% cheaper in Japan as all Japanese audio products are (check Accuphase for example).

Now add import costs (shipping, customs, VAT). 

But hey, if it's a better deal, go ahead and buy it in Japan 

Best regards, 

Marcin

JPLAY & JCAT Founder

55 minutes ago, Marcin_gps said:

The high cost comes from using highest quality components and is adequate for the sonic performance you're getting with it. I'd recommend using it in a system where each component is at least $5k. It will become a standard in high-end file based setups within next couple years. I'm sure of it.

Please check how much the m12-x 8 pole connectors cost or die-cast aluminum body. 

If I setup a RAM Disk, copy a track using your switch then I copy another track using a $90 switch (like the Cisco SG 200-8) you are stating that you will be able to tell the difference even after the Ethernet cables are pulled. 

Just want to make sure I understand you correctly. 

On 08/03/2018 at 11:45 AM, Marcin_gps said:

You wouldn't be laughing if any of you heard what this switch is doing to the sound. Anyone who's serious about hi-fi uses power cords and power conditioners costing more than the switch. And the switch offers similar if not greater improvement. 

Show us some proof then, its just a way overprices switch... 100X more than it needs to be...