IGNORED

JCAT's $5000 switch

OMG 4165 euros.  I thought it was a joke, but apparently not.  It just says the included power supply is medical grade.  Is it a SMPS?

Pareto Audio AMD 7700 Server --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

i7-6700K/Windows 10  --> EVGA Nu Audio Card --> Focal CMS50's 

Agreed. I was thinking "OK, this prolly costs around $500, I might bite", but then I saw the price and said "no effing way!" 

It's funny that, even for all this coin, you have to pay extra if you want more than 2 cables. 

ChrisG

Bend, OR

While audio may need only 100Mb/s, I want 1000mB/s. Also, Those M12 connectors have their place and inside the standard home is not it. Hell, You hardly ever see those connectors in data centers with hundreds of thousands switch ports. Do you have a high vibration environment? Then yes, use them because that is where they make sense.

This is just a way to grab more money from the rich audiofool that knows no better..... 

56 minutes ago, Marcin_gps said:

You wouldn't be laughing if any of you heard what this switch is doing to the sound. Anyone who's serious about hi-fi uses power cords and power conditioners costing more than the switch. And the switch offers similar if not greater improvement. 

We are laughing at the price since it is not commensurate with our wallets and a guessed price which is common in our thoughts. 

Do you want to sell 10 units a year or 100 units a month? Up to you. The market is open.

Power conditioning works with ancient transformers. Nothing comes close.

AS Profile Equipment List        Say NO to MQA

3 hours ago, Marcin_gps said:

You wouldn't be laughing if any of you heard what this switch is doing to the sound. Anyone who's serious about hi-fi uses power cords and power conditioners costing more than the switch. And the switch offers similar if not greater improvement. 

I'm afraid of what your switch is doing to the sound.

3 hours ago, Marcin_gps said:

So when I use your switch and I disconnect the Ethernet cable and the music still plays, what has your switch done?

How does your switch improve the sound that is in cache? How does your switch outperform fiber media?

43 minutes ago, plissken said:

So when I use your switch and I disconnect the Ethernet cable and the music still plays, what has your switch done?

How does your switch improve the sound that is in cache? How does your switch outperform fiber media?

It has already improved sound if the music is in a CPU/memory cache on a PC/network player. Then try playing again without the switch and music will sound thin, flat and edgy - a characteristic that people most often complain about in a computer audio playback. 

Fiber media doesn't improve sound. It actually sounds worse than electrical connection - either LAN or USB. I've tried it years ago already. 

JPLAY & JCAT Founder